Used 2006 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

2006 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Giving More Cash
By lsrry

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Don't buy it worst piece of junk I will never by another Chevy as long as I live I was a Chevy man never my envoy I replaced the engine pulleys ,fuel gauges, Windows modulated don't work after recall,nine recalls and the vehicle still garbage

looks good too
By mulholly@att.net

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

great s u v

2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
By Ian Brown

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I used to have a Jeep Wrangler with the 2.5 liter engine and the AX5 transmission. Tons of fun to drive, but the transmission is not a drivers transmission, I smoked two of them before trading it for my Envoy. The 4.2 I6 feels stronger than what GMC gives it credit for, the Envoy has a tighter turning radius than my old Jeep! And it is absolutely wonderful to drive! It has excellent driving manners, and you can feel vehicle response in your feet and hands with nothing left vague. My cockpit space feels luxurious and my daughter cant quit raving about the lavish wood grain interior, ventilation, leather seats and well appointed use of chrome. I don't miss my jeep in the least.

Please understand this is a comparison between a 1994 jeep wrangler and a 2006 GMC Envoy. My jeep was a 2.5 liter with the AX5 transmission. My opinion, junk! The jeep was fun to punish, but it couldn't take any abuse. My Envoy however has been surprising in what it will easily accept in stride. The Envoys electronics can be finicky, just shut it off and restart and its OK, but the stabilitrak and the more than component 4.2 I6 smash what my jeep could do. While the Envoy is heavier and well appointed. My old jeep was weaker and less reliable. When the jeep was in fighting form, it was great, just dont count on the AX5 transmission, it's absolute garbage!

Rustproofing!...My 2006 has rust everywhere I look! The black paint on the small parts and undercarriage seems to be more like frosting. From the outside this car is beautiful, but underneath it's rotting! I'll be working constantly on keeping rust at bay on this machine!

Annoyed
By desilynn32

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 GMC Envoy Denali. I bought it 2 years ago with 65,000 miles on it. I had it less than a year and the oil started disappering. Took it into the shop $600.00 later it was fixed, supposedly. Shop guy told me that if it happened again I would no doubt need a new engine :( Guess what it happened today, oil pressure dropped to zero and the check engine light is on and I was only down 1/2 qrt of oil. This vehicle has nickeled and dimed me to death and isn't worth crap for trade. Very disappointed in the GMC. Also GMC will not stand behind there product.

None

Everything in this vehicle needs improving

In the shop every 2 months! ouch ;(
By 3magana

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car looked so amazing, and being young my husband and I thought we needed a beautiful car like this.
It w
as 6 months old when we bought it.

Fuel card gone out twice.
The air bags that lift the car got a leak and had to replace with normal shocks. (Expensive!)
Air conditioning went out driver side.
Front suspension needed replaced, would not turn.
Not all our issues list :(
NOW:
All of a sudden when driving home from work, at night, my headlights completely turned off!
I thought it was just a one time thing but happened a week later with my kids in the car on the highway! Oh my goodness...I am so upset, haven't driven it at night or hardly at all.

Was the air pump in the back, but stopped working and then had to be taken out because the airbags went out.

After reading about this vehicle and all the reviews I am surprised this entire vehicle has not been recalled! The "check stabilitrac" light came on and now the engine light! I'm guessing another few thousand! We have put nearly, if not more than $10,000 into this 6 year old vehicle! It was $26,000, and we sill owe on it! I keep telling myself nothing else will break....but then always something else!