Smooth Quite Ride
By B. Lowery on
2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
After much research I selected the Envoy SLE,enhanced package with almost every feature I could get without leather. Very quiet, smooth ride. My wife was hesitant having never driven an SUV. It was to be her vehicle. She loves it and already feels very comfortable and secure driving it. It has good visibility,a very short turning radius like a car,and she indicates it feels like it hugs the road well. Great pick up, with the 4.2L very comfortable interior with all the amenities. No squeaks,or rattles, very tight. Able to hear rear seat passenger's conversation well when traveling. Plenty of leg room for rear seat passengers. Solid sounding doors when closing. Not one problem to date. Would recommend it.
Favorite Features
OnStar security, short turning radious, cornering lights, and 6 CD, XM radio. The Goodyear Fortera HL tires on the 2005 are very quiet. You can actually change head lamps when necessary without taking it to a mechanic. Low center of gravity, one of the lowest in its class, 8" ground clearance.
Suggested Improvements
I would love a power rear latch opener and a auto/dim rear view mirror. Memory driver seat was not available with the Enhanced SLE package. Only on the SLT. Although better gas mileage would be great, I got 15mpg in around town on the first two tanks. Would be great to have a longer warranty than 36/36.