2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Review: Lost the Suburban

2005 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Review

2005 GMC Envoy SUV

Lost the Suburban
By GM GUY on

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got really freaked last year when gas started towords $3. We had a '99 4WD GMC Suburban (which I loved), but at $132 a tank twice a month, we figured get rid of it while we could. We wanted a Highlander at first but it was major small on the inside. Then because a GM dealer was nearby we pop'd in to look at the Envoys. After having test drove Highlanders, Hyundai Santa Fe's and Pathfinders we were pleasantly surprised by the Envoy. The interior and ride were far superior to all the other SUV's we test drove, and quite! That in addition to the ride and power sold us. Room was an issue after having had a Suburban but we have adapted nicely.

Ride, low road noise, handlng, comfort. 4x4, white body, with blackwalls and rims. Looks goooood when its washed.

Compared to my suburban gas mileage is great but not what I expected. If I keep my foot out of it and only use the AC when I really need it, I can squeeze 15 mpg in town out of it. Highway will net you 20 on average. If you jackrabbit start, like the accelerator and AC be ready for 12- 13mpg.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review