By MPG on
2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I purchased the Envoy XL (SLT V8) in March 05 and have covered 2800 mi mostly around town. We recently had twins, and now with 4 kids total needed an SUV. I like the quite ride, and have upgraded the rear sway bar for better handling (highly recommended). The V8 has good power and sounds good too, but idles a little rough compared to others. My main concern is with the build quality of the vehicle. The paint job is very poor(Carbon gray) and also I have a warped/distorted windshield. The A/C performance in hot/humid weather is useless below 1500-2000 RPM. MPG is 11-12 around town! These issues will be brought up at the first service. Check out trailvoy.com if you have an Envoy/Trailblazer.
Favorite Features
V8 power, air suspension, quiet ride around town, nice dash layout, pretty good seat comfort, handles quite well overall (well worth spending the $200 for a better rear swaybar).
Suggested Improvements
A/C, stereo, suspension settings need tweaking like on the Saab SUV (same basic vehicle), build quality overall needs to be as good as the Japanese cars/trucks if there are to claim "professional grade".