2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
GM does produce winners
By TNPifher on 01/04/05 23:07 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a Quality product with the right accessories, with excellant fit & finish. Unlike the GM of yore the product is better than the perceived quality.

GMC Envoy
By Vern Rinus on 12/21/04 18:41 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A very reliable SUV. Comfortable ride, smooth handling, excellent pick-up. Excellent exterior design. Overall fantastic vehicle.

Envoy SLT Excellent
By jan sankey on 12/16/04 10:49 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving my Envoy since August and even though it was used when I bought it, it performs and looks like a new Envoy. It is a delight to drive and the ride is fabulous. I will never buy any other brand of SUV. It is A+++

I LOVE MY NEW ENVOY!!!
By I LOVE MY NEW TRUCK on 12/13/04 01:53 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is just plain amazing. It just moves going uphill with the excellent 275hp engine. It accelerates ammazingly. The interior design is awesome, very roomy for my kids and the front passengers. I also love the bose system. My two teenage sons love the bass the speakers give out! Excellent exterior design as well and is great for storing cargo.

CONFIDENT HANDLING OF VEHICLE
By TONY FARGNOLI on 12/11/04 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

MY ENVOY IS A JOY TO DRIVE,AND I FEEL AND VERY CONFIDENT WHEN IM DRIVING AND FEEL SAFE OPERATING IT. ITS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE ON MAJOR HIGHWAYS.

Smooth Quite Ride
By B. Lowery on 12/09/04 22:05 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After much research I selected the Envoy SLE,enhanced package with almost every feature I could get without leather. Very quiet, smooth ride. My wife was hesitant having never driven an SUV. It was to be her vehicle. She loves it and already feels very comfortable and secure driving it. It has good visibility,a very short turning radius like a car,and she indicates it feels like it hugs the road well. Great pick up, with the 4.2L very comfortable interior with all the amenities. No squeaks,or rattles, very tight. Able to hear rear seat passenger's conversation well when traveling. Plenty of leg room for rear seat passengers. Solid sounding doors when closing. Not one problem to date. Would recommend it.

2005 is a good year for Envoy
By dougp on 11/30/04 10:06 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my Envoy SLT vehicle for a short time, but, am very pleased. I looked at the Explorer (small inside), 4-Runner (rough ride at lower speeds), MDX (nice but very pricey), & Trail Blazer (didn't care for). Maybe it's personal preference, but, these other vehicles don't even rate in my eyes. Both luxury & performance in the Envoy are exceptional. Beyond the MDX there is no comparison between the Envoy & the others. If Edmunds feels the interior is cheap or full of plastic then they better go look again. I saw exactly the opposite with my evaluation. The ride (on roads) is very smooth and the vehicle turns quite nicely; I don't off-road.

WORST SUV EVER OWNED
By Anincrv on 11/17/04 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

BEING A LONG TIME OWNER OF SUV'S I find my new envoy to be the worst one yet. The front bumper cover doesn't sit straight,back to dealer 4 times in less than a month for that. It rattles and makes all kind of strange noises. It is really underpowered with that 4200 6 cyl. that feels like a 4 cylinder under my foot. It is being serviced more than it is in my garage ! all this trouble and only driven it 275 miles and owned it less than a month. I am VERY disappointed with it and my selling dealer will do nothing about it !!

Great Car
By SMBloom on 11/07/04 22:30 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got an Envoy - and I love it! Its a great vehicle, drive fantastic, and drives more like a car, rather than a truck. It has a beautiful leather interior. The only negative is that it goes through gas quickly.

Love my Envoy
By ItsMeCyndi on 11/07/04 08:13 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The best vehicle I've ever owned.