2005 GMC Envoy SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
What an SUV
By ed and angie on 05/24/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is unlike any SUV I have ever been in or driven. It's great for the money,and I will never drive anything else. My 3 year old son loves it. Everyday he asks me to go for a ride. Everyone who has been in it has wanted it. The sun roof is great. My sister has a Cadillac SUV and is now trading hers in for this. you don't need to spend an arm and a leg for luxury.

Envoy XL
By Steve on 05/19/05 08:54 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The size of the Envoy XL is the main selling point. Third row is large and confortable with still enough room for storage behind the seat. Good pick up and performance.

2005 Envoy
By Monti on 05/15/05 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving sedans for 30 years, I have found the comfort of the Envoy to be superior. I needed comfort and enough room to carry my family of 7 in one vehicle. The kids love the 3rd seat and I like being able to carry items without having to borrow a pickup truck. The XM radio and OnStar is also a plus. Depends on who's riding with as to what we are listening to. My mother is 81 and finds it very easy to get in and out of with the running board. She likes 40's music and sitting up higher than a car. it's a plus for her. "I can see things better!"

Best In Class
By pbflorida on 05/02/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best size and options for the money in the Denali XL version. I love it. It's not too big (i.e. Yukon or Expedition), but is large enough to really seat 6 - 7 comfortably (unlike Pathfinder, etc), or to seat 5 (or 6) by using the 3rd row seat down entirely or split, and still have LOTS of room for luggage and baby stuff (like a stroller). Took it for a 1000-mile trip over the weekend. Great ride, not like a truck, very smooth, comfortable, and steady, with lots of power in the V8. Wood trim and leather add a luxury feel. Power and heated seats (driver AND passenger), voice navigation, sunroof, XM radio, Onstar, all add up to "what more could you want"?

This car should be rated higher
By Matt on 04/29/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Being a former Land Rover owner, this car far outperforms its competition. It has the acceleration of a car with many feartures most other SUVs do not offer, without charging an arm and a leg. Certainly a vehicle that should be considered when shopping for a durable SUV.

This truck is solid as a rock.
By David on 04/27/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Envoy for its good looks and power. I really enjoy blowing by the import trucks. The ride is awesome and it's not that bad on gas.

It's a fine ride!
By George Mulder on 04/02/05 09:53 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had my Envoy for about 6 months now, and I really enjoy it! I love the new Steel Gray color. The leather seating is very comfortable, and with all the adjustments, I have a world of seating options. The heated seats are one of my favorite features. Everything works very well and makes sense. If I had to complain, it would be that there are too few special storage spots in the vehicle. But I'm a bit of a carry it with me kinda guy, so I like to be able to have a couple extra small places for things like sunglasses, money, etc. But, that is not much of a complaint. So two enthusiastic thumbs up from me.

Affordable
By Brian Cable on 03/19/05 11:56 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's been one of the most comfortable vehicles that I've ever owned. I've owned a Suburban, a minivan, and new pickups, and so far it has been one of the most stylish, comfortable and most accomadating vehicles that I've had.

Envoy- Awesome Vehicle
By Dan on 03/04/05 21:56 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Envoy is a wonderful vehicle with a luxurious looking interior. Very quiet ride, and the vehicle is the perfect size for a family of four. Handling in the winter is excellent in Auto 4WD or in 4WD. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a midsize sport utility. The inline 6 cylinder engine is a quiet and smooth operating engine.

My Envoy
By James Britland on 02/17/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

On February 10th, 2005 I forgot to remove a coffee mug from the rear bumper where I left it. Later, I drove 16 miles round trip to visit a relative in the hospital. A short time later my son walked in with the mug asking how long I was going to leave it on the bumper of my Envoy. That is a true test of a smooth ride and handling. I would add that there are a lot of potholes in New England in February.