Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

One of the best mid-sized SUVs out there
By Sniles32

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had my Envoy less than one month, but thus far it is performing wonderfully. Acceleration is much speedier than expected, and the ride is smooth, particularly when compared to the Jeep I traded in for this. Yes, the gas mileage isn't stellar, but what SUV (excluding hybrids) has great gas mileage? It's right on par with similiar vehicles, so don't let people fool you when they say it gets bad gas mileage. The handling is a bit mushy -- definitely watch it on corners -- and the backseats don't fold completely flat for loading, and there isn't much center console space, but all in all this is an excellent SUV for the money and I look forward to driving it for many years to come.

Smooth ride, lower lumbar support on driver's seat, daytime running lights, fog lights, higher vantage point

Better designed center console space with more room, fold flat seats for cargo!

Lost the Suburban
By GM GUY

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got really freaked last year when gas started towords $3. We had a '99 4WD GMC Suburban (which I loved), but at $132 a tank twice a month, we figured get rid of it while we could. We wanted a Highlander at first but it was major small on the inside. Then because a GM dealer was nearby we pop'd in to look at the Envoys. After having test drove Highlanders, Hyundai Santa Fe's and Pathfinders we were pleasantly surprised by the Envoy. The interior and ride were far superior to all the other SUV's we test drove, and quite! That in addition to the ride and power sold us. Room was an issue after having had a Suburban but we have adapted nicely.

Ride, low road noise, handlng, comfort. 4x4, white body, with blackwalls and rims. Looks goooood when its washed.

Compared to my suburban gas mileage is great but not what I expected. If I keep my foot out of it and only use the AC when I really need it, I can squeeze 15 mpg in town out of it. Highway will net you 20 on average. If you jackrabbit start, like the accelerator and AC be ready for 12- 13mpg.

Gas Hog
By The Ward's

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

While the GMC is a sharp looking SUV, the gas consumption is terrible. No where near the quote on the window sticker. And for the amount you pay, you'll have to choose between the payment or the gasoline. Just make sure you check out the service dept. of the dealership. All that is promised in the sales pitch isn't necessarily going to be full filled by the service dept.

6 DISC CD changer, easy 4WD access, heated seats, power sunroof.

Better gas mileage and more accurate window sticker information. More storage, better cup holders.

Fun to drive
By rainney22

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is fun to drive and comfortable. Very stylish with nice luxury options. Smooth ride. I would highly recommend to anyone on the market for an SUV.

Heated leather seats, sunroof, power memory driver seat, auto on/off headlights

Updated look of console (radio, climate control), better dash materials, better gas mileage

Female Point of View
By DMT

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As a short female, this vehicle isn't totally adaptable to my size, but it does have great handling abilities. I have owned SUV's for years and this is very comparable to the top of the line Jeep I used to own. It has tricks and gadgets that even fascinate my husband. I am glad I own this vehicle.

Automatic headlights

The seat is clearly designed for long legged men, maybe some modification for women drivers could be made.