2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Best In Class
By pbflorida on 05/02/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best size and options for the money in the Denali XL version. I love it. It's not too big (i.e. Yukon or Expedition), but is large enough to really seat 6 - 7 comfortably (unlike Pathfinder, etc), or to seat 5 (or 6) by using the 3rd row seat down entirely or split, and still have LOTS of room for luggage and baby stuff (like a stroller). Took it for a 1000-mile trip over the weekend. Great ride, not like a truck, very smooth, comfortable, and steady, with lots of power in the V8. Wood trim and leather add a luxury feel. Power and heated seats (driver AND passenger), voice navigation, sunroof, XM radio, Onstar, all add up to "what more could you want"?

This car should be rated higher
By Matt on 04/29/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Being a former Land Rover owner, this car far outperforms its competition. It has the acceleration of a car with many feartures most other SUVs do not offer, without charging an arm and a leg. Certainly a vehicle that should be considered when shopping for a durable SUV.

This truck is solid as a rock.
By David on 04/27/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Envoy for its good looks and power. I really enjoy blowing by the import trucks. The ride is awesome and it's not that bad on gas.

It's a fine ride!
By George Mulder on 04/02/05 09:53 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had my Envoy for about 6 months now, and I really enjoy it! I love the new Steel Gray color. The leather seating is very comfortable, and with all the adjustments, I have a world of seating options. The heated seats are one of my favorite features. Everything works very well and makes sense. If I had to complain, it would be that there are too few special storage spots in the vehicle. But I'm a bit of a carry it with me kinda guy, so I like to be able to have a couple extra small places for things like sunglasses, money, etc. But, that is not much of a complaint. So two enthusiastic thumbs up from me.

Affordable
By Brian Cable on 03/19/05 11:56 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's been one of the most comfortable vehicles that I've ever owned. I've owned a Suburban, a minivan, and new pickups, and so far it has been one of the most stylish, comfortable and most accomadating vehicles that I've had.

Envoy- Awesome Vehicle
By Dan on 03/04/05 21:56 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Envoy is a wonderful vehicle with a luxurious looking interior. Very quiet ride, and the vehicle is the perfect size for a family of four. Handling in the winter is excellent in Auto 4WD or in 4WD. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a midsize sport utility. The inline 6 cylinder engine is a quiet and smooth operating engine.

My Envoy
By James Britland on 02/17/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

On February 10th, 2005 I forgot to remove a coffee mug from the rear bumper where I left it. Later, I drove 16 miles round trip to visit a relative in the hospital. A short time later my son walked in with the mug asking how long I was going to leave it on the bumper of my Envoy. That is a true test of a smooth ride and handling. I would add that there are a lot of potholes in New England in February.

Bad Choice
By rcelen4hp on 02/16/05 17:49 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this SUV. The overall design is great and the features are also attractive. Mechanically the engine & power train are respectable. The electrical is a nightmare. I have had just about everything replaced in this truck. I am on the third ignition, all of the micro switches on the tranmission and theft deterrent system have been replaced! There has been a rattle under the truck that sounds like the entire suspension is about to abandon ship but dealer has not been able to correct. The gas mileage is terrible for a six and the fuel tank way too small. Always stopping for fuel.

Strength, Power, Luxury, and Style!!
By George Mulder on 01/23/05 09:56 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

What a great surprise! After having a Jimmy and being bored to tears by the Ford Explorer, the Envoy is such a refreshing change. Great luxury car appointments, powerful engine, good handling, and now more stylish than the Jimmy or what is available today in other SUV's. Feels and handles like a car but gives the 'highup' ride advantages, and though I will probably never use all the capacity can tow 2,500 lbs about 2,000 pounds more than the Explorer. Fit and finish is great, the interior is very stylish, yet sporty, love the wood trim everywhere! Thanks GMC, I'll hate letting this one go at lease end! Truly the 'Cadillac' of Midsized SUV's!!

Love our new Envoy
By Rick Hobbs on 01/05/05 14:43 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great comfort and reliability!