2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Test drive for yourself
By Bob Larson on 06/15/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Our GMC Envoy is an outstanding vehicle. The ride quality and quiet interior (thanks in part to the power rear glass that separates the cargo area in the XUV) are soothing on the highway. The chassis and steering are more-than-competent in real world driving--this is not a track racer! Amenities are first rate. The new leather seating impresses, the V8 is silky sweet, and the value of OnStar should not be underestimated in comparisons. We like the new touchscreen Nav system and XM radio. It's sad that the XUV roof is being dropped in '06, being a major leap in versatility and beautifully executed. Lovable!

I love my Envoy!
By Lori on 06/13/05 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the GMC Envoy. I shopped for 6 months looking at similar vehichles and am very happy with my choice. The dealer was wonderful and so was GMAC financing. There was a little ping sound with my interior lights, so I just took it in and they fixed it right away, while I waited for free. There are no loopholes in their warranty, unlike my husband's experience with his Ford Explorer a few years ago.

Pros and Cons
By adidas4089 on 06/13/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent SUV, however with all SUV's there is the drawback of horrible gas mileage. Although the Envoy isn't the worst in its class in terms of gas mileage, it doesn't impress in town. Highway gas mileage on the other hand, is quite bearable. My tank holds about 20 to 22 gallons, and I usually get about 350 miles to the tank on the highway.

Best I have ever purchased
By Thomas Gray on 06/13/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This midsize SUV has to be one of the smoothest riding American built SUVs of its class. It handles extremely well. Vision of the road is superior as well. The leg room in the front is the best that I test drove. Very happy with it so far.

First American Car - Very Impressed
By drweby on 06/10/05 16:21 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2005 Envoy Denali - I've owned a lot of cars but this is my first American car. The interior is beautiful, solid, and very comfortable. There's a button for everything, and I love that! I love the look of the chrome accents on the outside, and the grille is an awesome design. The lamenated glass and sound proofing in the Denali edition make the inside very quiet. The only thing I kind of have a gripe about is the paint isn't as smooth as it could be. In that department the imports still rule.

Owner
By Sue on 06/05/05 06:55 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Smaller than the Yukon and easy to drive and get into parking spaces. Gas mileage is a lot better than the Yukon too. it has lots of bells and whistles and a wonderful sound system. (Bose)

My '05 GMC
By Larry Seward on 05/27/05 17:13 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great towing vehicle. Not a luxury ride, but better than most SUV's. it has a very comfortable interior. Comes with all the right options to make it "your car". This is my 4th GMC... they continue to improve. One drawback, there is very little storage space for personal items near the driver (compartments, shelves or pockets). The engine is strong enough for most of us and trouble-free. Back seats are comfortable and roomy. OnStar and XM radio are great and sound system is excellent.

What an SUV
By ed and angie on 05/24/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is unlike any SUV I have ever been in or driven. It's great for the money,and I will never drive anything else. My 3 year old son loves it. Everyday he asks me to go for a ride. Everyone who has been in it has wanted it. The sun roof is great. My sister has a Cadillac SUV and is now trading hers in for this. you don't need to spend an arm and a leg for luxury.

Envoy XL
By Steve on 05/19/05 08:54 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The size of the Envoy XL is the main selling point. Third row is large and confortable with still enough room for storage behind the seat. Good pick up and performance.

2005 Envoy
By Monti on 05/15/05 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After driving sedans for 30 years, I have found the comfort of the Envoy to be superior. I needed comfort and enough room to carry my family of 7 in one vehicle. The kids love the 3rd seat and I like being able to carry items without having to borrow a pickup truck. The XM radio and OnStar is also a plus. Depends on who's riding with as to what we are listening to. My mother is 81 and finds it very easy to get in and out of with the running board. She likes 40's music and sitting up higher than a car. it's a plus for her. "I can see things better!"