Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

I love my Envoy!
By NVmy ENVOY

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Envoy for about 2 years now and I couldn't have picked a better car! I drive from Ohio to Georgia a lot and that long drive is tolerable because I am comfortable! I only fill up once to start, then once on the road and still have some gas left over when I get home. Great purchase!

The overall look

Great Car
By Pauld

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Coming from a Honda fan, I couldn't have been more surprised to how much I have grown to love this vehicle. I purchased it when you couldn't pass up the deals and I have been glad ever since. Only back to the dealer once for a very small squeak that was taken care of. Tows our travel trailer as if it wasn't there. Quiet, smooth, powerful, very comfortable, good looking. I believe GM has won me back for future consideration of cars.

Too many to mention

Fuel economy could be better. The nav system needs to be improved to get away from the DVD.

Great truck
By Elijah Marks

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a solid truck. The power is awesome. It is comfortable on long trips and has a good amount of room. It is fun to drive and handles well and has excellent brakes.

Acceleration is great. Four settings for drive configurations, 2 wheel, all wheel, 4 wheel high, and 4 wheel low.

Could use a little more leg room in back seat. Gas mileage has averaged barely 15MPG.

2005 GMC Envoy SLE
By Lori

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very bad gas mileage but rides better than a car. Minor mechanical problems that can never be duplicated when taken to the dealership. Great for driving in rain. Handles well.

I love the looks of this vehicle and the smooth ride.

Better fuel economy.

Very Happy
By Steve

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our Envoy in September and have loved it ever since. It has lots of power and great acceleration, and has no problem towing our boat and snowmobiles. Very comfortable interior with more space than our old Venture in the rear seat. The Envoy seems to be very quiet driving, all though it has a beautifull growl when you really floor it. Auto 4wd is great in the snow. The only problem is that the Envoy is a pig on gas, were only getting approx 14mpg and that's stretching it. Overall we are very happy with our Envoy.

4wd, OnStar, great looks, lots of power.

Less nose dive when braking. Bit firmer suspension, Better gas mileage!

• SUV