2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews 6

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Nice Vehicle
By R. A. Pasheilich on 07/17/05 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Envoy is a very comfortable vehicle. I traded in a Ford Explorer with 58,000 miles on the odometer. The Envoy is a much more comfortable ride. The navigation radio is easy to use and the DVD player is great for the kids. The 275HP six is best in class. I considered a new Explorer, but found the features and ride of the GMC to be superior.

Gas Guzzler
By Mark on 07/17/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable, quiet ride quality. Strong acceleration. Leans a little too much into turns. Weak brakes, especially when towing a trailer without brakes. Rear seat is a little cramped. Interior materials are cheap, especially the center console. Limited storage within the driver's reach. Rear seat doesn't recline. This should be standand when equipped with a rear DVD entertainment system. 410 gears along with the 4200 engine are a good match. Poor gas mileage. I don't get anywhere near the 15 mpg city to 21 mpg highway as listed on the window sticker. Good stereo system, however, poor sound quality. The BOSE speakers should be standard on all Envoy trim levels.

Nice car
By rob galla on 07/16/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has a great ride and handles more like a car. Moments into the test drive, I knew I would purchase this vehicle. I bought a black one with gray interior. The interior is roomy for the front and rear passengers.The A/C is great front and rear, and the stereo is also prime.

Much better
By Paul on 07/15/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As far as build quality and reliability so far, there is no comparison to my previous 2003 XL, it's much better. Some road bumps can be a bit choppy, but that was to be expected on the standard wheel base versus the XL. Handling is gererally very good. The ride is very smooth and exhibits very little body roll when cornering. Ground clearance is quite low for an SUV, so this vehicle is better suited for roughing it out in horrible weather than going off road. With the 5.3L V8 and the short wheel base, performance is better than most vehicles in it's class. Also, it's just so quiet inside, great sound deadening. Interior and exterior looks are really good. This Envoy is so close to being luxury, nearly!

Better Than Expected
By Paul D on 07/15/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It was a toss up between the MDX and the Envoy. When GM announced the employee discount, that pushed us over the edge. In the end, we are thrilled with the SUV. We took it on a 2000 mile vacation and loved it. Comfortable, very quiet, powerful, roomy. I truly look forward to driving it.

Great vehicle
By Nancy Hill on 07/10/05 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving the Envoy. I feel the handling is great, and it is very quite inside when the windows are up. The ride is smooth, and love the v8 for acceleration. The only faults on the interior are the clock is too small, and it's hard to get to the cup holder above the gear shift on the console. I love the room in the back, but I wish the seats folded down a bit flatter. I love the idea of the built in air compressor.

Higly Reccommend
By yar1260 on 07/09/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great overall SUV. Uncompared appearance, a great ride, and a joy to drive. The only thing is the quick response steering is difficult to get used to.

Good value for the price
By jctomgal on 07/06/05 17:54 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Rides nice, and all the options are integrated into the vehicle very nicely. The dash features are easy to use. The vehicle handles well, has a smooth ride, little engine noise, and has great power on highway.

Envoy is a good buy
By Patrick Hernandez on 06/29/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Envoy that I have purchased, and it stills makes me happy to drive it. It is a comfortable SUV, that has more than enough space for my wife and three smaller children. It is the first vehicle that I have absolutely love.

Envoy
By Tonya on 06/27/05 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a full size Yukon to the Envoy. I love the car and it performs and handles much better than the larger vehicle. If you have more than one child this car may not be for you.