2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Much better
By Paul on 07/15/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As far as build quality and reliability so far, there is no comparison to my previous 2003 XL, it's much better. Some road bumps can be a bit choppy, but that was to be expected on the standard wheel base versus the XL. Handling is gererally very good. The ride is very smooth and exhibits very little body roll when cornering. Ground clearance is quite low for an SUV, so this vehicle is better suited for roughing it out in horrible weather than going off road. With the 5.3L V8 and the short wheel base, performance is better than most vehicles in it's class. Also, it's just so quiet inside, great sound deadening. Interior and exterior looks are really good. This Envoy is so close to being luxury, nearly!

Better Than Expected
By Paul D on 07/15/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It was a toss up between the MDX and the Envoy. When GM announced the employee discount, that pushed us over the edge. In the end, we are thrilled with the SUV. We took it on a 2000 mile vacation and loved it. Comfortable, very quiet, powerful, roomy. I truly look forward to driving it.

Great vehicle
By Nancy Hill on 07/10/05 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving the Envoy. I feel the handling is great, and it is very quite inside when the windows are up. The ride is smooth, and love the v8 for acceleration. The only faults on the interior are the clock is too small, and it's hard to get to the cup holder above the gear shift on the console. I love the room in the back, but I wish the seats folded down a bit flatter. I love the idea of the built in air compressor.

Higly Reccommend
By yar1260 on 07/09/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great overall SUV. Uncompared appearance, a great ride, and a joy to drive. The only thing is the quick response steering is difficult to get used to.

Good value for the price
By jctomgal on 07/06/05 17:54 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Rides nice, and all the options are integrated into the vehicle very nicely. The dash features are easy to use. The vehicle handles well, has a smooth ride, little engine noise, and has great power on highway.

Envoy is a good buy
By Patrick Hernandez on 06/29/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Envoy that I have purchased, and it stills makes me happy to drive it. It is a comfortable SUV, that has more than enough space for my wife and three smaller children. It is the first vehicle that I have absolutely love.

Envoy
By Tonya on 06/27/05 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a full size Yukon to the Envoy. I love the car and it performs and handles much better than the larger vehicle. If you have more than one child this car may not be for you.

Envoy Envy
By ed nasrey on 06/27/05 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the finest vehicles I've ever driven. The vehicle looks great and handles perfectly. I feel proud driving my Envoy, and it seems I have plenty of other Envoy company on the road as well. The vehicle is sporty, has good design features and is loaded with fine accents.

Style, Beauty, Comfort, and Power
By Metallicred Mama on 06/27/05 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Envoy Denali is an SUV with luxury car performance and style. The car has spacious back rows for taller people, and has well designed folding seats. The rear controls for the air and radio are also a great feature. The Envoy denali is also very powerful. The motor has the power of a sports car for good handling. This is the car for a sports car lover with a family who cares about comfort, safety, and fun.

Gas Hog and GM Quality is sub-par
By RickG on 06/17/05 19:58 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Nice looking with a powerful engine that tows my bass boat with ease. Unfortunately, GM cut corners on the upscale extras in the Denali and it is obvious. The nav system is primitive and 1st generation. It uses a DVD which means you cannot play CD's while navigating. The nav DVD only finds 50% of the destinations so good luck. I reverted to the after-market Garmin nav system I used in my 2003 Envoy. The sound system is poor quality, the rear view mirror does not have the auto dim feature found in earlier Envoys and there isn't even a coat hook in the rear seat. GM saved nickels and dimes and raised the price by thousands. The older Envoys were a better buy, more comfortable and not gas hogs!