2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
2005 Envoy Denali XL
By ehackerson on 09/20/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have had this truck for one month now and love it. There is plenty of room for the three kids and it drives like a dream. I was nervous about moving from a wagon to an SUV, but the Envoy XL is so easy for me to handle...it drives more like a car than a truck. The third row of seats is large enough for adults so plenty of room for the kids as they grow. There are so many conveniences for the driver: the passenger side mirror automatically adjusts during back-up, can set pedals for comfort, the seats are super comfortable. The best thing is that it is not guzzling a lot of gas...the Displacement on Demand must be working!

Envoy enjoyment
By charle a duke on 09/15/05 06:07 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second GMC Envoy purchased since it was first introduced. The 2005 offers exellent ride qualities and performance. The 4.2l i6 is smooth and quiet with acceptable fuel economy. The Bose sound system eliminates any wind/road noise that may exist. The self leveling rear suspension works great, but the compressor sounds somewhat strange while outside the running vehicle. I have changed the SLE grille to 2006 Denali version for an added styling que. GM has done a great job as far as I'm concerned. Due to a hard to find package I was trying to locate, I compared the Ford Explorer and found that the Envoy is by far the best bargain in its class.

SLT Review
By Michael Milbourne on 08/12/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife brought this automobile home from the dealership. At first look I wasn't impressed at all. Then I got in and drove. WOW, I was impressed. Satellite radio, leather, sunroof, adjustable pedals, and nice ride. I had rented a Ford Escape for a recent trip to Fla. and was glad to turn it in when the trip was over, but I really liked the Envoy. I find myself finding excuses to drive it. And the GM incentives (employee pricing) made it a no-brainer. I would buy another tomorrow if something happened to this one.

Envoy
By cowboy on 07/29/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Marshmallow springs, licorice whip sway bars...maybe with hot fudge it would be a treat, but for driving down the interstate or up a two-lane mountain road, this thing is scary.

Clearly a Winner for GM
By R. Neall on 07/25/05 16:41 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned a Ford Explorer, I have that as a comparison for my new Envoy. To be honest, there is no comparison. The ride is light years smoother, and despite the professional's viewpoint, it handles corners just fine. It is not a sports car. I'm very pleased with the interior room, and it has a great sound system. The XM radio is great on trips. My wife is the truck's prime driver, and knowing that she has OnStar puts my mind at ease. I highly recommend this vehicle.

2005 GMC SLT Envoy XL
By Rick Cornwall on 07/25/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

What a great SUV! Terriffic ride and performance. Gas mileage is about what I would expect (14.4 / 17.2). The interior and exterior are nicely finished. With the 3rd. row of seats down, I can carry all my fishing gear and passengers without a problem.

Envoy
By doc465 on 07/25/05 07:27 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride and handling. The turn radius is excelent for the size. it has all the bells for fun, but also serious power when needed. There's safety in size. Suprisingly good gas mileage for size and type.

Nice Vehicle
By R. A. Pasheilich on 07/17/05 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The Envoy is a very comfortable vehicle. I traded in a Ford Explorer with 58,000 miles on the odometer. The Envoy is a much more comfortable ride. The navigation radio is easy to use and the DVD player is great for the kids. The 275HP six is best in class. I considered a new Explorer, but found the features and ride of the GMC to be superior.

Gas Guzzler
By Mark on 07/17/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable, quiet ride quality. Strong acceleration. Leans a little too much into turns. Weak brakes, especially when towing a trailer without brakes. Rear seat is a little cramped. Interior materials are cheap, especially the center console. Limited storage within the driver's reach. Rear seat doesn't recline. This should be standand when equipped with a rear DVD entertainment system. 410 gears along with the 4200 engine are a good match. Poor gas mileage. I don't get anywhere near the 15 mpg city to 21 mpg highway as listed on the window sticker. Good stereo system, however, poor sound quality. The BOSE speakers should be standard on all Envoy trim levels.

Nice car
By rob galla on 07/16/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has a great ride and handles more like a car. Moments into the test drive, I knew I would purchase this vehicle. I bought a black one with gray interior. The interior is roomy for the front and rear passengers.The A/C is great front and rear, and the stereo is also prime.