Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Gmc Envoy - Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Better than what I expected
By Achris

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Envoy used at 48K miles. So 10K miles later no complaints. Easier to drive than most other SUV's. Good acceleration, however don't expect a lot of MPG if you tend to speed. Though looking at these other reviews I get about 19mpg on this with normal driving.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration, OnStar, flip down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG.

Great American Vehicle
By Ken

2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great American made SUV. V-8 Horsepower is tops. Great MPG around town and on the road. Drives like a dream and turns on a dime

Favorite Features

We have taken the Envoy on several cross country trips and have found the ride to be better than a friends Mercedes ML350

Suggested Improvements

No improvements suggested

Happy Driver
By Jim

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Drive mostly around town and occassional highway trips. Handles very well for a 4WD SUV and is excellent on the highway. Ride is more car-like than Tahoes I have ridden in. I'm very happy with this vehicle after 40,000 miles and will keep it several more years.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling is excellent. Size and height is not too large yet you sit up high and have good cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Of course better mileage would be nice.

Could be better
By bellms

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a pretty good SUV. The cabin is comfortable. Although not super quiet inside. The front seat sits a little high and the back does not tilt. The pickup on the road is decent but underpowered at times of steep incline. I definitely believe there should be a V8, but there is not. The gas mileage for the daily traffic is horrible in town. Usually 12-14 at best. Highway, impressively up to 22 at times. The Envoys center of gravity is righ at the armrest, which makes for good turning. Last but not least, not very good use of space for seating.

Favorite Features

The favorites would include the seats are very comfortable. And the quick turn 4x4 modes.

Suggested Improvements

The doors on the back are a little light, and do not close all the way without slamming the door. Additionally, the truck needs some more power. The gas mileage already reveals V8 mileage but 4 cylinder power at times.

I love my Envoy!
By NVmy ENVOY

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Envoy for about 2 years now and I couldn't have picked a better car! I drive from Ohio to Georgia a lot and that long drive is tolerable because I am comfortable! I only fill up once to start, then once on the road and still have some gas left over when I get home. Great purchase!

Favorite Features

The overall look