Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Disappointed
By RCNG

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always wanted an SUV and when I test drove this one I loved it. Reviewed everything inside and out and was impressed with the vehicle and the price. I had minor problems that got replaced in the first year or two - seal around the doors, light switch inside, seal around license place frame all covered under warranty and with purchasing a new vehicle you have to work out the bugs. Anyways in my 5th year of owning it the idle pulley went out and now the bearings in the water pump which is very disappointing. After reading other reviews what else is going to go wrong. My next vehicle will definitely not be a GMC.

The turning radius is great

better engine parts

Not too bad
By EnvoyOwner

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Envoy has treated me well. I have put it through hell and it has been treating me like it's new. I do have a complaint about the wind noise from the doors and a rattling in the driver door and the back doors creek when you open them. The fuel economy isn't all too impressive either. All in all though, it's been a great vehicle and is very reliable. The 4.2 Vortec is almost bulletproof!

I'm in love!
By Echo

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've gone from a Ford Probe to a Saturn SC2 Coupe to an Impala. What took me so long to find this one? I love they way I can actually see the road. I'm in the nosebleed section! Love it!If someone had said I'd own an SUV, I'd have laughed. I'm a convert. I love the Envoy and all it has to offer. Comfort and parking lot friendly. The color is beautiful, too. My only complaint? The seat belt hits my neck, but then again, they all do...I'm short.

Being able to see and how parking lot friendly it is. Just all around wonderful!

Seat belt adjustment

Not bad, not bad at all!
By Phil

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had been a Grand Cherokee owner for 8 years but needed something with 3 seats (which is outstanding feature) with excellent access. I never was an "off roader" so the Envoy, which is truthfully a street SUV was a good replacement. Terrific smooth, quiet ride on highway. OnStar is a great safety feature, but ditch the XM radio (too expensive). Gas is disappointing, but what do you expect. Dash features (e.g. wiper, speed controls, climate control) not logical and took long time to understand. Excellent storage, even with all seats up; although front cup holders very disappointing. Have been thinking about hybrid SUV, but very unimpressive choices in the market today.

Ride, styling, OnStar, 3rd seat (and access), storage, comfort in all seats, sound system.

Gas mileage (although it is in the pack for large SUVs), dash controls (speed, climate), more and better cup holders in front, visor extenders.

Awesome
By taylor

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle in May of '08, can't be happier. Has the power I need, the 4wd option is great, and when I drive it nice I have gotten 23mpg with it. If you complain about the mileage, be easy on it. When I drive hard I still can get over 15mpg with it. Overall, the best decision I have ever made was to purchase this vehicle. Good Bose sound system, perfect amout of room, and overall an awesome vehicle!

Looks, reliability, power.

Maybe some mpg, but what can you expect, you are purchasing an SUV not a compact car. More aftermarket options.