Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

I'm in love!
By Echo

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've gone from a Ford Probe to a Saturn SC2 Coupe to an Impala. What took me so long to find this one? I love they way I can actually see the road. I'm in the nosebleed section! Love it!If someone had said I'd own an SUV, I'd have laughed. I'm a convert. I love the Envoy and all it has to offer. Comfort and parking lot friendly. The color is beautiful, too. My only complaint? The seat belt hits my neck, but then again, they all do...I'm short.

Being able to see and how parking lot friendly it is. Just all around wonderful!

Seat belt adjustment

Not bad, not bad at all!
By Phil

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had been a Grand Cherokee owner for 8 years but needed something with 3 seats (which is outstanding feature) with excellent access. I never was an "off roader" so the Envoy, which is truthfully a street SUV was a good replacement. Terrific smooth, quiet ride on highway. OnStar is a great safety feature, but ditch the XM radio (too expensive). Gas is disappointing, but what do you expect. Dash features (e.g. wiper, speed controls, climate control) not logical and took long time to understand. Excellent storage, even with all seats up; although front cup holders very disappointing. Have been thinking about hybrid SUV, but very unimpressive choices in the market today.

Ride, styling, OnStar, 3rd seat (and access), storage, comfort in all seats, sound system.

Gas mileage (although it is in the pack for large SUVs), dash controls (speed, climate), more and better cup holders in front, visor extenders.

Awesome
By taylor

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle in May of '08, can't be happier. Has the power I need, the 4wd option is great, and when I drive it nice I have gotten 23mpg with it. If you complain about the mileage, be easy on it. When I drive hard I still can get over 15mpg with it. Overall, the best decision I have ever made was to purchase this vehicle. Good Bose sound system, perfect amout of room, and overall an awesome vehicle!

Looks, reliability, power.

Maybe some mpg, but what can you expect, you are purchasing an SUV not a compact car. More aftermarket options.

My favorite vehicle
By gigigran

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Caddy Deville for the brand new '05 SUV and still love it after driving for 3 years. It's driven mostly around town with a few out of town trips. I am happy with the comfort, safety and style. The only disadvantage-the gas mileage of 15mpg. Other than that I can not think of any other drawbacks. It is absolutely a great vehicle to drive. If there are no big mechanical problems I plan to drive this vehicle for many many years to come.

Comfort and style! I can see out of the vehicle very well too!

Gas mileage! Cup holder for both the passenger and driver. Needs to be larger.

Best Ride of My Life
By CharlieChan

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought this used 2005 Envoy-XL, we traded in our mini-van, which I have driven for the past 11 years with four kids and all. It was like a 360 change, I love the interior room for the kids, it rides smooth and quiet and looks sharp too. We love it!The gas was what we expected, but we had to compromise, either get another van to make all the room or pay for the gas and make use of what we want. All in all I am very pleased with our purchase and I swore I would never buy from GM again, was even looking at Honda or Nissan.