2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
GREAT SUV!
By mkquigs on 05/11/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Envoy for about a year and other than one glitch with the fuel gauge, it has been a pleasure to own. It drives great, looks awesome, has great space and the fuel consumption really isn't that bad. Note to people who want great fuel efficiency: Don't buy an SUV!! Duh! I love my Envoy and would recommend one to anyone. This is coming from a guy who swore he would never buy an American car!

One of the best mid-sized SUVs out there
By Sniles32 on 05/08/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had my Envoy less than one month, but thus far it is performing wonderfully. Acceleration is much speedier than expected, and the ride is smooth, particularly when compared to the Jeep I traded in for this. Yes, the gas mileage isn't stellar, but what SUV (excluding hybrids) has great gas mileage? It's right on par with similiar vehicles, so don't let people fool you when they say it gets bad gas mileage. The handling is a bit mushy -- definitely watch it on corners -- and the backseats don't fold completely flat for loading, and there isn't much center console space, but all in all this is an excellent SUV for the money and I look forward to driving it for many years to come.

Lost the Suburban
By GM GUY on 04/24/06 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got really freaked last year when gas started towords $3. We had a '99 4WD GMC Suburban (which I loved), but at $132 a tank twice a month, we figured get rid of it while we could. We wanted a Highlander at first but it was major small on the inside. Then because a GM dealer was nearby we pop'd in to look at the Envoys. After having test drove Highlanders, Hyundai Santa Fe's and Pathfinders we were pleasantly surprised by the Envoy. The interior and ride were far superior to all the other SUV's we test drove, and quite! That in addition to the ride and power sold us. Room was an issue after having had a Suburban but we have adapted nicely.

Gas Hog
By The Ward's on 04/20/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

While the GMC is a sharp looking SUV, the gas consumption is terrible. No where near the quote on the window sticker. And for the amount you pay, you'll have to choose between the payment or the gasoline. Just make sure you check out the service dept. of the dealership. All that is promised in the sales pitch isn't necessarily going to be full filled by the service dept.

Fun to drive
By rainney22 on 03/27/06 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is fun to drive and comfortable. Very stylish with nice luxury options. Smooth ride. I would highly recommend to anyone on the market for an SUV.

Female Point of View
By DMT on 03/03/06 12:36 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As a short female, this vehicle isn't totally adaptable to my size, but it does have great handling abilities. I have owned SUV's for years and this is very comparable to the top of the line Jeep I used to own. It has tricks and gadgets that even fascinate my husband. I am glad I own this vehicle.

One Great Truck
By bmarkdc on 12/31/05 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in June 2005 and absolutely love it. The power is great the styling is sharp and the quality is impressive. A week after I bought it, I was sideswiped by a semi. The crash protection is amazing. The truck stood up very well and had I been in my old Camry not sure what would have happened.

Great Value
By Phillip on 12/22/05 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at several SUVs including Grand Cherokee,Commander and Explorer, but for the money you can not beat the Envoy XL.The 3rd seat has more leg room than our old '99 Suburban.It drives great and for the money you get a whole lot more options.

Job well done
By mark on 12/18/05 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I came out of a 99 Mountaineer AWD 8 cyl which I loved. I was not thrilled with the changes Ford made. I find the Envoy more sturdy and has more creature comforts.

2005 Envoy Denali
By Theroider on 11/30/05 19:32 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drives like a dream. Solid ride. Extremely quiet at cruising speed. Very agile to maneuver. My wife, who never thought she would care for a truck, now only drives the TRUCK! I cannot get her out of it. It is extremely stylish and not very common on the road (Denali version). Interior design is exceptional. It's not typical GM plastic on top of fake wood. There is actually real wood on the steering wheel. Nice touch!