2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Review: 2005 is a good year for Envoy

2005 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Review

2005 is a good year for Envoy
By dougp on

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my Envoy SLT vehicle for a short time, but, am very pleased. I looked at the Explorer (small inside), 4-Runner (rough ride at lower speeds), MDX (nice but very pricey), & Trail Blazer (didn't care for). Maybe it's personal preference, but, these other vehicles don't even rate in my eyes. Both luxury & performance in the Envoy are exceptional. Beyond the MDX there is no comparison between the Envoy & the others. If Edmunds feels the interior is cheap or full of plastic then they better go look again. I saw exactly the opposite with my evaluation. The ride (on roads) is very smooth and the vehicle turns quite nicely; I don't off-road.

The interior of the SLT is roomy and very luxurious. Edmunds needs to ride in the Envoy for a while to appreciate it. Very attractive exterior & paint finish.

For the money it's hard to figure where they'd improve drastically. High-end imporements mean much added cost.