2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
XUV ENVOY-A RARE ONE
By william mattingly on 07/18/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my XUV used w/32000 on the clock. So far, it's been a fine one. I used it for hauling things to Goodwill, etc. For road trips, I drive my Bimmer so the XUV doesn't see many freeways. Of course, it's no Porsche so I have to take it easy on crooked, hilly streets here in Sou. Cal. Overall, I like it! Also, the used price of $12,000 was fine!

Disappointed
By RCNG on 04/13/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always wanted an SUV and when I test drove this one I loved it. Reviewed everything inside and out and was impressed with the vehicle and the price. I had minor problems that got replaced in the first year or two - seal around the doors, light switch inside, seal around license place frame all covered under warranty and with purchasing a new vehicle you have to work out the bugs. Anyways in my 5th year of owning it the idle pulley went out and now the bearings in the water pump which is very disappointing. After reading other reviews what else is going to go wrong. My next vehicle will definitely not be a GMC.

Not too bad
By EnvoyOwner on 02/04/09 16:24 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Envoy has treated me well. I have put it through hell and it has been treating me like it's new. I do have a complaint about the wind noise from the doors and a rattling in the driver door and the back doors creek when you open them. The fuel economy isn't all too impressive either. All in all though, it's been a great vehicle and is very reliable. The 4.2 Vortec is almost bulletproof!

I'm in love!
By Echo on 11/26/08 06:04 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've gone from a Ford Probe to a Saturn SC2 Coupe to an Impala. What took me so long to find this one? I love they way I can actually see the road. I'm in the nosebleed section! Love it!If someone had said I'd own an SUV, I'd have laughed. I'm a convert. I love the Envoy and all it has to offer. Comfort and parking lot friendly. The color is beautiful, too. My only complaint? The seat belt hits my neck, but then again, they all do...I'm short.

Not bad, not bad at all!
By Phil on 10/18/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had been a Grand Cherokee owner for 8 years but needed something with 3 seats (which is outstanding feature) with excellent access. I never was an "off roader" so the Envoy, which is truthfully a street SUV was a good replacement. Terrific smooth, quiet ride on highway. OnStar is a great safety feature, but ditch the XM radio (too expensive). Gas is disappointing, but what do you expect. Dash features (e.g. wiper, speed controls, climate control) not logical and took long time to understand. Excellent storage, even with all seats up; although front cup holders very disappointing. Have been thinking about hybrid SUV, but very unimpressive choices in the market today.

Awesome
By taylor on 08/13/08 00:04 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle in May of '08, can't be happier. Has the power I need, the 4wd option is great, and when I drive it nice I have gotten 23mpg with it. If you complain about the mileage, be easy on it. When I drive hard I still can get over 15mpg with it. Overall, the best decision I have ever made was to purchase this vehicle. Good Bose sound system, perfect amout of room, and overall an awesome vehicle!

My favorite vehicle
By gigigran on 08/10/08 20:31 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Caddy Deville for the brand new '05 SUV and still love it after driving for 3 years. It's driven mostly around town with a few out of town trips. I am happy with the comfort, safety and style. The only disadvantage-the gas mileage of 15mpg. Other than that I can not think of any other drawbacks. It is absolutely a great vehicle to drive. If there are no big mechanical problems I plan to drive this vehicle for many many years to come.

Best Ride of My Life
By CharlieChan on 06/12/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought this used 2005 Envoy-XL, we traded in our mini-van, which I have driven for the past 11 years with four kids and all. It was like a 360 change, I love the interior room for the kids, it rides smooth and quiet and looks sharp too. We love it!The gas was what we expected, but we had to compromise, either get another van to make all the room or pay for the gas and make use of what we want. All in all I am very pleased with our purchase and I swore I would never buy from GM again, was even looking at Honda or Nissan.

Better than what I expected
By Achris on 05/25/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Envoy used at 48K miles. So 10K miles later no complaints. Easier to drive than most other SUV's. Good acceleration, however don't expect a lot of MPG if you tend to speed. Though looking at these other reviews I get about 19mpg on this with normal driving.

Great American Vehicle
By Ken on 02/18/08 13:16 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great American made SUV. V-8 Horsepower is tops. Great MPG around town and on the road. Drives like a dream and turns on a dime