Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

Envoy is better than benz.
By Terence H.

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Gmc Envoy for about two years now. I bought it used with 33,000 miles on it. This SUV has so much power. I love looking at the cars in my review mirror after I have left them in the dust. My envoy has been very reliable. I hear so much about how mercedes has gone down in quality. Well with the envoy you get the upscale look with great power style and comfort. Buy an envoy you will be happy.

Power of the engine.

Nothing

Best Truck EVER.
By Terence H.

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I Love my GMC ENVOY. This is the best SUV ever. I have owned this SUV for almost three years now I bought it used in 2008 and I have not had any problems. It still drives smoothly and it looks great. I love my envoy so much. I love to let the windows down and turn up my Bose sound system. I guarantee you this SUV will last longer than most new Mercedes. If your looking for a great SUV go with the envoy. The v6 engine is very very powerful. This SUV goes so fast when needed. I am very happy with this SUV. I wish they kept the envoy nameplate the Acadia should be the new envoy.

Bose sound system! Roomy Inside

None.

Good SUV
By Reggie

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first GMC, and it is better than i expected. I owned a Nissan Pathfinder for 18 yrs and I hope this one can last like that. I am very pleased thus far.

Comfort, CD and radio, and sunroof.

Of course I would like better gas mileage.

Excellent Vehicle
By jaduca

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride! I also test drove the Equinox Trailblazer and XTerra but the envoy had my vote from the first. Very comfortable very roomy. My dog likes it and he hates road trips. Definitely wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market.

I love being able to use the radio and windows without the keys in. The sunroof is also a definite seller. It has a lot of storage spots too.

I wish they had a compartment for sun glasses. This is definitely a gas guzzler. It would be nice to have the composite cloth material on the seats instead of regular cloth or leather,(See Scion Interiors).

Great Vehicle! Glides on the Freeway
By hockeyatd

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've been looking for an SLT Envoy for about three months, and let me tell you they are hard to find. Only had it for a week but no problems thus far. Smooth drive, feels like it glides on the freeway. Feul Economy has been less than I had hoped, only getting 14 in town, 19 on freeway thus far. Test drove many 4Runners and Trailblazers and always came back to the Envoy.

Heated leather seats, sunroof, all the power options, interior design. Smooth drive on the freeway

Better gas mileage (you don't have to press on the pedal much to hear the fuel being drained out of the tank)