Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

SLT Review
By Michael Milbourne

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife brought this automobile home from the dealership. At first look I wasn't impressed at all. Then I got in and drove. WOW, I was impressed. Satellite radio, leather, sunroof, adjustable pedals, and nice ride. I had rented a Ford Escape for a recent trip to Fla. and was glad to turn it in when the trip was over, but I really liked the Envoy. I find myself finding excuses to drive it. And the GM incentives (employee pricing) made it a no-brainer. I would buy another tomorrow if something happened to this one.

Satellite radio, leather seating, CD Changer, adjustable pedals, rear seat adjustments for audio and comfort, memory seats.

I would like to see a little more substantial console set-up.

Envoy
By cowboy

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Marshmallow springs, licorice whip sway bars...maybe with hot fudge it would be a treat, but for driving down the interstate or up a two-lane mountain road, this thing is scary.

Badge-engineer a 4Runner, Explorer, Durango, or whatever.

Clearly a Winner for GM
By R. Neall

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned a Ford Explorer, I have that as a comparison for my new Envoy. To be honest, there is no comparison. The ride is light years smoother, and despite the professional's viewpoint, it handles corners just fine. It is not a sports car. I'm very pleased with the interior room, and it has a great sound system. The XM radio is great on trips. My wife is the truck's prime driver, and knowing that she has OnStar puts my mind at ease. I highly recommend this vehicle.

OnStar, XM Radio, sunroof, and the Bose sound system.

Gas mileage is not the greatest. 17-18 MPG local driving and 20 on the highway. Also, some of the plastic wood grain trim could be eliminated.

2005 GMC SLT Envoy XL
By Rick Cornwall

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

What a great SUV! Terriffic ride and performance. Gas mileage is about what I would expect (14.4 / 17.2). The interior and exterior are nicely finished. With the 3rd. row of seats down, I can carry all my fishing gear and passengers without a problem.

Quiet ride and great roadability. XM radio is a blast!

More hidden storage space. Perhaps slightly better gas mileage

Envoy
By doc465

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great ride and handling. The turn radius is excelent for the size. it has all the bells for fun, but also serious power when needed. There's safety in size. Suprisingly good gas mileage for size and type.

Power; OnStar, XM radio, GPS