2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews 10

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
WORST SUV EVER OWNED
By Anincrv on 11/17/04 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

BEING A LONG TIME OWNER OF SUV'S I find my new envoy to be the worst one yet. The front bumper cover doesn't sit straight,back to dealer 4 times in less than a month for that. It rattles and makes all kind of strange noises. It is really underpowered with that 4200 6 cyl. that feels like a 4 cylinder under my foot. It is being serviced more than it is in my garage ! all this trouble and only driven it 275 miles and owned it less than a month. I am VERY disappointed with it and my selling dealer will do nothing about it !!

Great Car
By SMBloom on 11/07/04 22:30 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got an Envoy - and I love it! Its a great vehicle, drive fantastic, and drives more like a car, rather than a truck. It has a beautiful leather interior. The only negative is that it goes through gas quickly.

Love my Envoy
By ItsMeCyndi on 11/07/04 08:13 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The best vehicle I've ever owned.

RE: 2005 GMC Envoy SLT
By Eyedoc164 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

GMC was always under the radar screen when I leased SUV's. Only test drove it because of a GM promotion. Have had the car for only 500 miles and am incredibly impressed with its size, comfort, carlike ride, and amazing luxury features. As a 15 yr lonstanding driver of Grand Cherokee and Ford Explorer, can only say that this vehicle is in is every way comparable and more comfortable and fun to drive. With more bells and whistles than my Eddie Bauer: Onstar, XM radio/telephone, rainsensing wipers, headlight washers, can't think of anything they missed. Can only say that this is a " must see " if you considering a midsize SUV.

Overall performance
By Lorie Andrews on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall so far this has been a very nice SUV, It could get a little better mileage, had a couple of little things needing attention, seatbelts, leather split in back, also where the seats fold down on second row, not tightend down securely, been fixed, only thing I notice differently is the engine not being a V-8, had a Town & Country Chrysler Van, did get better Gas Mileage and seemed to have a little more go when going up hills, but with my busines I really thing it will do fine, love the body construction, only thing is, the make the trim out of this black hard rubber which kind of fades and looks a cheap, especially around the windows and the roof rack, love the "Moon Roof, otherwise OK!

good suv
By plbldr1 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

the vehicle appears to be well built and sound. The in-line six cylinder engine had a super track record of reliability and supplies plenty of power and acceleration. As a first time GMC buyer I am very happy.

Have the editors driven this?
By Brandhoe on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Superior ride off-road, great interior design, great passenger and cargo space. Great power combined with fuel economy rarely seen in vehicles of this size. I don't think the editors that rated this at 6.x have even driven one of these. I think they must be GM-haters, cuz this kicks butt on pretty much everybody else.

My great new Envoy SLT
By Kimm on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many great times in my Envoy with the rest of my family,we have traveled and the kids loved it, they never want to take anything else when we have to go anywhere.

Fun
By Jackie Woods on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed this SUV. It is a smooth riding vehicle and I was able to carry 6 people w/ a baby car seat. I love this SUV and I plan to keep it for a long time.

Great SUV!
By Lula on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Envoy. Great handling, super comfortable ride, plenty of interior room, and decent gas mileage kept me from buying any other SUV. Lots of extras like woodgrain interior and soft leather seating puts it right up there with the luxury vehicles.