Used 2005 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Envoy

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

2005 Envoy Denali XL
By ehackerson

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have had this truck for one month now and love it. There is plenty of room for the three kids and it drives like a dream. I was nervous about moving from a wagon to an SUV, but the Envoy XL is so easy for me to handle...it drives more like a car than a truck. The third row of seats is large enough for adults so plenty of room for the kids as they grow. There are so many conveniences for the driver: the passenger side mirror automatically adjusts during back-up, can set pedals for comfort, the seats are super comfortable. The best thing is that it is not guzzling a lot of gas...the Displacement on Demand must be working!

Quiet interior when driving. Power stays on auxiliary for 10 minutes after shut off so you can listen to music w/o running down the battery, can close windows, sun roof if you forget without turning the car back on. Head curtain air bag gives peace of mind. Nav system is easy to use & acts as a phonebook!

Envoy enjoyment
By charle a duke

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second GMC Envoy purchased since it was first introduced. The 2005 offers exellent ride qualities and performance. The 4.2l i6 is smooth and quiet with acceptable fuel economy. The Bose sound system eliminates any wind/road noise that may exist. The self leveling rear suspension works great, but the compressor sounds somewhat strange while outside the running vehicle. I have changed the SLE grille to 2006 Denali version for an added styling que. GM has done a great job as far as I'm concerned. Due to a hard to find package I was trying to locate, I compared the Ford Explorer and found that the Envoy is by far the best bargain in its class.

Silky smooth engine, Bose sound system

Take out some of the boat like handling that SUV`s demonstrate

SLT Review
By Michael Milbourne

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife brought this automobile home from the dealership. At first look I wasn't impressed at all. Then I got in and drove. WOW, I was impressed. Satellite radio, leather, sunroof, adjustable pedals, and nice ride. I had rented a Ford Escape for a recent trip to Fla. and was glad to turn it in when the trip was over, but I really liked the Envoy. I find myself finding excuses to drive it. And the GM incentives (employee pricing) made it a no-brainer. I would buy another tomorrow if something happened to this one.

Satellite radio, leather seating, CD Changer, adjustable pedals, rear seat adjustments for audio and comfort, memory seats.

I would like to see a little more substantial console set-up.

Envoy
By cowboy

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Marshmallow springs, licorice whip sway bars...maybe with hot fudge it would be a treat, but for driving down the interstate or up a two-lane mountain road, this thing is scary.

Badge-engineer a 4Runner, Explorer, Durango, or whatever.

Clearly a Winner for GM
By R. Neall

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned a Ford Explorer, I have that as a comparison for my new Envoy. To be honest, there is no comparison. The ride is light years smoother, and despite the professional's viewpoint, it handles corners just fine. It is not a sports car. I'm very pleased with the interior room, and it has a great sound system. The XM radio is great on trips. My wife is the truck's prime driver, and knowing that she has OnStar puts my mind at ease. I highly recommend this vehicle.

OnStar, XM Radio, sunroof, and the Bose sound system.

Gas mileage is not the greatest. 17-18 MPG local driving and 20 on the highway. Also, some of the plastic wood grain trim could be eliminated.