2005 GMC Envoy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Fuel+Oil Sending Unit Failures
By flexiblesink61 on 02/10/12 03:54 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It is truely amazing why this issue does not cause GM to issue a Full recall on all cars in this line GMC, Buick and Chevy for fuel and oil sending unit replacements. You are driving blind. This issue alone has convinced me that I will never buy another GM product. Service department in dealerships are terrible and their systems don't work most of the time. They told me to keep driving with the problem and call them back in a few days to see if their systems come back on line. Toyota did the right thing when confronted with their issues. I own part of GM and I insist That GM should take responsibility and fix these issues, since both my trucks have the same issues.

Great car, few major issues
By tilave on 01/29/12 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for about six years now, I really have grown attached to it and can't seem to get rid of it. Over the years it has not given me any major issues except for two things. One being the starter switch which I replaced three times and the other being the air suspension which started leaking at about 80k miles. Other than those things the car is rock solid. Great for camping and long trips.

Envoy is better than benz.
By Terence H. on 04/03/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Gmc Envoy for about two years now. I bought it used with 33,000 miles on it. This SUV has so much power. I love looking at the cars in my review mirror after I have left them in the dust. My envoy has been very reliable. I hear so much about how mercedes has gone down in quality. Well with the envoy you get the upscale look with great power style and comfort. Buy an envoy you will be happy.

Best Truck EVER.
By Terence H. on 03/19/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I Love my GMC ENVOY. This is the best SUV ever. I have owned this SUV for almost three years now I bought it used in 2008 and I have not had any problems. It still drives smoothly and it looks great. I love my envoy so much. I love to let the windows down and turn up my Bose sound system. I guarantee you this SUV will last longer than most new Mercedes. If your looking for a great SUV go with the envoy. The v6 engine is very very powerful. This SUV goes so fast when needed. I am very happy with this SUV. I wish they kept the envoy nameplate the Acadia should be the new envoy.

Good SUV
By Reggie on 02/18/10 03:29 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first GMC, and it is better than i expected. I owned a Nissan Pathfinder for 18 yrs and I hope this one can last like that. I am very pleased thus far.

Excellent Vehicle
By jaduca on 12/12/09 16:09 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride! I also test drove the Equinox Trailblazer and XTerra but the envoy had my vote from the first. Very comfortable very roomy. My dog likes it and he hates road trips. Definitely wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market.

Great Vehicle! Glides on the Freeway
By hockeyatd on 10/20/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've been looking for an SLT Envoy for about three months, and let me tell you they are hard to find. Only had it for a week but no problems thus far. Smooth drive, feels like it glides on the freeway. Feul Economy has been less than I had hoped, only getting 14 in town, 19 on freeway thus far. Test drove many 4Runners and Trailblazers and always came back to the Envoy.

Love My Envoy
By Jane on 08/01/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first SUV and after test driving it, I was hooked. The ride is so smooth and it handles so well. Parking in tight places was very hard to get used to, and I usually park way out from where I am going to keep other people from banging it with their doors. I am very protective of it because I love it.

GMC wanna be
By Marty on 07/23/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After year 3 an oil pressure sensor went out, idling issue, not sure why. Dealer could never tell me why either. Since there is no fuel filter, i am wondering if there could have been something restricting the fuel flow!!!. Year 4, tensioner pulley bearing went out, Year 4.5 traded the Envoy in for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Probably never buy this model again, it was transportation and cheap. Sticker was $29,500, after discounts and rebates i paid $19,500. it was a good price on a SUV to haul my kids around.

XUV ENVOY-A RARE ONE
By william mattingly on 07/18/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my XUV used w/32000 on the clock. So far, it's been a fine one. I used it for hauling things to Goodwill, etc. For road trips, I drive my Bimmer so the XUV doesn't see many freeways. Of course, it's no Porsche so I have to take it easy on crooked, hilly streets here in Sou. Cal. Overall, I like it! Also, the used price of $12,000 was fine!