2003 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:
Do not keep after 150,000 miles
By snake on 03/17/08 17:07 PM (PDT)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

SUV was purchased in Aug 2003, it presently has 203000 miles 90% percent highway driving; no serious problems in the first 3 1/2 years, in the last year, replaced air conditioning compressor; transfer case; transimission; alternator; front wheel bearings; front differential and more.

Florida Envoy SLT
By Bill C on 11/28/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

SLT/2WD has been a great option for 4 years now. Oil and tires changed/rotated every 3000 miles. 48000 now on original tires! Battery went Dixie after 38 months. Trip gas mileage has been respectable with the vehicle loaded at 22-26 MPG. All in all have been very happy with our Envoy!

Be Careful!
By jch on 04/01/06 05:46 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The seats on this car, while attractive, are very stiff and not comfortable on long trips. The biggest problem, however, has been the noise - sounds like there is a valve "tapping". Local dealers have claimed that they don't hear the noise and that nothing is wrong. I will be stuck at time to trade/unload! Stereo has been replaced a couple of times. There were 2 recalls from the factory. Seatbelts also stick!

GREAT SUV - BEST OF ITS COMPETITORS
By GM lifer on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No complaints here. I bought the SLT because the difference in comfort and trim level/options was far superior to the SLE. The vehicle has many features and options but is very intuitive. Some of the questions asked on the survey ask questions only appropriate of a sports car and that is the only reason why it did not get a 10 from me. The Envoy is positively the first in class having it all; comfort, style, and performance. The gas mileage isn't great, but is good for a truck-based SUV. I would recommend this vehicle to friends/family.

Gas Mileage Suck, So Suck!
By yz123 on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Inside comfortable, ride as an premium car. But gas mileage 12.1 M/gallon, Sticker says 15-21, what a lie!!! Turn and accelarate sluggish, 4X4 can't back up while turn! But price can't beat. I paid $26800 brand new with leather,sunroof,running board, side airbag,etc. Think twice if you really need a heavy truck like this for your day-to-day life. Then consider budgets.

Outstanding
By bengalbay on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my wife's car but I really envy her being able to drive it every day. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive and enjoy. Great ride and very quiet. We had an Expedition before and this is a big step up in comfort, handling and build quality. Everything works flawlessly. Will not go back to Ford for this type of vehicle.

NICE RIDE
By DGM on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was a very good purchase for me. It's not to big and not too small. I have been on many long distance trips and the ride has been great. It gets about 350 on the highway, which is pretty good in a SUV. I don't see to many Envoys on the road, and I like that. But it's only a matter of time.

new envoy 2004
By bceledon on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good exterior looks, interior space, and accessibility. Loose steering and feels top heavy in turns. Poor gas mileage and loud, unrefined engine.

Love my Envoy
By Telle on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I wasn't even considering an Envoy and my uncle made me look at it. I got in to test drive it and didn't ever want to get out.

My GMC ENVOY
By booboo on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the only vehicle that I have purchased in my life time that I have bonded with. I love my GMC