Used 2003 GMC Envoy SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 GMC Envoy SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy model:

been a good vehicle
By Anthony

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got my envoy around 3 yes ago and it only had one problem was the water pump but other then that it rides god and does everything thing I use it for and my 4 kids like it and hasn't let me down.

Biggest Lemon is the History of Motor Vehicles
By dgatcha

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Never, ever buy this piece of junk. I put 3 transmissions in this SUV over the years!!! I could maybe see one, but 3? At $3500 a pop, I could have bought another nice used car with that money. I also just got back from the mechanic for the millionth time. This time the car just refuses to start. He checked the battery, alternator, and starter. Everything was fine. It just doesn't want to start sometimes. How about electrical issues? More issues than a magazine rack. This car is a lemon plain and simple. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. There were about 8 recalls and some electrical stuff never worked right. Trading this in next week and it may be the happiest day of my life.

It has an awesome turn radius, which is why I bought it in the first place. Comfy ride and it took me to the mountains when I needed it. Usually.

Build a better car than this piece of trash.

New owner, impressed so far!
By nt1078

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We picked up our used 2003 Envoy a few weeks ago. It is the seven passenger model with 4x4 and every option imaginable. Everything works on the truck as it should. I read this vehicle is known for electrical problems but we have not experienced any. Previous owner took good care of it, as we plan to. Tried out the 4x4 the other night in the snow, and it was sure footed and felt safe on the road. Very pleased so far. Looking forward to towing our little trailer this summer for camping fun!

Comfortable leather interior, 7 passenger seating, 4x4 is great. Stereo sounds good, 6 disc cd changer is a bonus. I like sitting up a bit higher, and appreciate the extra room for the kids to bring whatever it is they need to bring along.

Wish the reverse lamps were brighter. Have some LED bulbs on order from Ebay which should take care of that.

Horrible Electrical Problems
By ldonivan

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle less than one year old- within 2 wks the CD player went. Within six months we lost the tach & the speedometer. Next to go were oil pressure and temp gauges. Then gas gauge. Entire instrument cluster replaced- very expensive dealership repair.
Within 18 months the heat & AC only funcntioned on driver's side, and the radio worked only intermittently. Have had to replace fuses and relays repeatedly- relays are @ $40 a piece. Now you can't run the fan at all or it dies & I don't even want to know what that will cost to fix.

Would not recommend anyone to buy this year of Envoy- unless of course someone would take mine off my hands. Please!

Well, it looks cool.

Functional electronics.

I love the Envoy so much I bought anothe
By Cynthia Lampkin

2003 GMC Envoy SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a white 2003 GMC Envoy and that vehicle was the best suv around. Not only was my vehicle stylish it was very safe. I totaled my 2003Envoy and even thou I hit a concret wall that ruck was so safe that I walked away with jhust bruises. The a-frame was bent but the glass didn't break and because that Truck was so well made it held me in my seat and I didn't get tossed around nor did my truch flip over. I really loved those contour seats and the size, performance made me go out and buy a 2004 GMC Envoy same color. I shopped around for other SUV's but nothing compared to my Envoy. I really enjoy this truck and will purchase another GMC vehicle. I can not say enough about my Envoy's

my contour seats

make all of them with contour seats and more fuel efficent