Used 2000 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Gmc Envoy - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )

My Envoy/ Improved Jimmy
By coby4

2000 GMC Envoy 4dr SUV 4WD

I got my envoy back in 2006 for a good price of 4,790 with 119,000 miles on it. Its been very great and only had one problem with the audio controls which is getting fixed next month. The style is ok its kind of old S10 look. But the interior is amazing. Comfortable seats and wood and chrome trim makes it look nice. The ride is amazing except off-road it rock just a little. Gas mileage could a little better as well.Overall Its been a great vehicle to us.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Seats Ride quality Interior Look Mostly Problem Free Performs Well Reliable Car like ride

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage could be better Needs Better styling exterior Wish Had more Value

Love my SUV
By paul bauer

2000 GMC Envoy 4dr SUV 4WD

We found an Envoy that had been traded back to the dealer because it was too small for the original owner. They bought a Suburban. It had only 6500 miles on it. We scored. We love it, using it mainly for skiing. It has been a real find.

Favorite Features

The ride package in the Envoy is fantastic. It does not have the "truck" ride that most SUVs seem to have.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any. We love it and will drive it until it dies.

2000 GMC Envoy
By Mike

2000 GMC Envoy 4dr SUV 4WD

The 2000 GMC Envoy has good quality throughout and a very comfortable ride. It drives more like a car than a truck. I have not had any reliability issues in the five years and over 100,000 miles that I haev owned it.

Favorite Features

The Bose sound system, sun roof, and onboard air compressor (you can't begin to imagine how handy it can be until you have one).

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage. I am currently only getting 17 mpg in town and 20-21on the highway.

2000 Envoy
By DAPAR

2000 GMC Envoy 4dr SUV 4WD

Beautiful interior /exterior, all the little extra's on this model made it seem almost too good to be true. Unfortunately performance hasn't been that great. When I bought the vehicle I thought it only needed a front end alignment and was given $30 by dealership to fix, I bought it out of state). I found later it really needed upper & lower ball joints, idler arm and front end alignment (cost over $1000). After having it under 5 weeks the transmission went out... very disappointing. Doors also should lock when in motion, but don't. Temperature control needs improvement - doesn't seem to reach temperature setting inside vehicle.

Favorite Features

Power moonroof, audio controls on steering wheel & heated leather seats - it gets pretty cold in Michigan.

Suggested Improvements

Temperature control - poor in regulating heat to the temperature you want it at. Mechanically poor - or at least mine is. Doors should lock after inital takeoff but don't. Gas mileage needs improving.

GMC Jimmy Envoy 2000
By Ladystrdst

2000 GMC Envoy 4dr SUV 4WD

Exellent vehicle, handles well, quiet smooth ride. This is my third Jimmy, previously owned a 95. The 2000 has come a long way compared to the 95.

Favorite Features

smooth ride and handling, 4 wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

Still has a bit of "jiggle" in the ride. Should have wiper controls for front and rear on the same side.