Used 1999 GMC Envoy SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Gmc Envoy - Consumer Reviews

1999 GMC Envoy SUV

Base 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )

My $5700 bargaine
By bigbux98

1999 GMC Envoy SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I paid $5700 for my Envoy, with 77,000 miles on it. It was in very good condition and so far, I have had to replace one ball joint. Other than that, it has been dead reliable. I pray I never get to see a $2000 headlight replacement.

Favorite Features

Xenon lights, trip computer, two tone leather, wood trim, air compressor, air pump and the heated seats really get hot. It even has a light under the hood. I have a $95k BMW that does not have that.

Suggested Improvements

Make the passenger seat power operated as well. Better gas mileage.

shady
By esclade

1999 GMC Envoy SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

this vehicle looks good but expensive to maintain. if your headlight goes out you go to the store and buy a new one for about $12 i on the other hand have to go to a dealership and spend $2,000. thats for one. i've probably thrown $9000 into it since i've had it and i bought it off lease with only 22000 miles on it. there is some good features to the truck that you don't find on many. but theres no power drivers seat.

Favorite Features

power floding in mirrors, 6 disc in dash cd, bose, air compressor,

Suggested Improvements

power drivers seat more power, better built

great features
By esclade

1999 GMC Envoy SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

a lot of features on this truck make it stand out from the rest in its field for instance power folding driver and passenger mirrors, built in 6 disc changer up front, a built in air compressor in the back, and you can't forget about the headlights.

Favorite Features

mirrors, 6 disc changer, headlights

Suggested Improvements

more power

GREAT RIDE
By Californiazombie

1999 GMC Envoy SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a well built vehicle! I bought my Envoy USED (it was a lease return!), and got a fantastic price. The ride is smooth, engine powerful, and the truck handles well. Took it off road with no problems, and have the ability to switch to 4 wheel high in the rain. Sunroof, 6 way heated seats, leather, wood grain dash take it to the next level!! If you can find this truck...grab it! It's well worth it. Only improvement would be the gas milage....which is approx 15 city 18 highway. All around GREAT vehicle!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, heated leather seats, 6 disc cd changer.

Suggested Improvements

Possible 8 cyl

Everything I dreamed of but mileage!
By Molefi

1999 GMC Envoy SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

When I got it there was two minor problems. One the gas gage stopped moving at 3/4 tank, there was also a leak in the rear gear box. Both were fixed cheerfully. The ride is smooth and even though it's a six there seems to be plenty under the hood. I still would like an 8. I bought it and I can't keep it from the wife, she's as happy as I am.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, cassette and stack cd player,separate audio for the back seat,lumbar seats w/heat, most of all my golf clubs ride in style.

Suggested Improvements

place to mount front license plate, rear plate partially hidden