2006 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Review: How sad :(

2006 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Review

Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

How sad :(
By lemonsuv on

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I cringe when I learn friends have purchased a used GMC Envoy. I feel like I should just 'scream' to let them know how much money they will be spending for stupidness. The first brand new vechile I ever purchased. I can't begin to tell you the amount of money I have spent on it. A lemon it is. Stupid things go wrong that should not go wrong. Stablity track 6 times needs to be fixed. Window motor...3x's Now the ignition switch went...my fuse box gets so hot my kid in the back can smell it. Light bulbs blow every 2 months. Oil gauge went, fuel gauge went. All and all, I spent over 6,000 in repairs since I bought it. Does GMC care? I highly doubt it. Would I purchse another...NOPE!

Favorite Features

Love the handling, love the comfort, love the vechile. Only has 76,000 miles on it.

Suggested Improvements

Have GMC own up to their mistake. Either replace the electrical in the vechile or contact the orginal owners and MAKE IT RIGHT. No one should be dealing with this amount of repairs on a $50.000 vechile. I can put up with the crappy gas mileage, I can NOT put up with the fact ownership is not taken for faulty items that people are having. Recall...yeah, okay...got my letter in the fall...still have yet to have it fixed. Still waiting for the part? Whatever. I only hope that a person or family in not in that vechile when the electrical goes on the highway.