2006 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Review: Best SUV I have ever owned

2006 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Review

Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Best SUV I have ever owned
By envoyshow on

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th SUV and by far this one has been the best. I have owned a few Jeeps, a Pacifica, and most recently an Acura MDX and this one by far has been the best one. The ride has been much better than all of them, the interior design has been the best as well. It is bigger than all of them but not too big. Lot's of cargo space when 3rd row is up. Mecahnically the MDX was by far the worst with the 4X4 going out and the transmission. The Envoy mechanically has been great. The only issue we have had with it is one of the power windows but that was covered by the extended warranty we bought from National Vehicle Headquarters. We think we will keep this to 150,000 miles at least!!!!!

The interior design, DVD system for the kids, the curb view mirrors living in the city is a huge bonus. the leg room for the thrid row of seats, the cargo capacity when the third row of seats is up.

Better gas mileage would be great, but with a V8 of this size what can you expect. We have been averaging close to the same as our MDX so we are still pleased.