2006 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:
Overall - Good SUV
By RT-OH on 09/30/08 19:53 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my 2nd Envoy for the last 2 years. It has a nice ride, enough power and the XL fits my kids comfortably while still allowing enough room behind the third row for golf clubs, groceries, etc. I wish this model had an adapter for ipod, but had to get aftermarket parts. The cup holder placement was not well though of with the front one being very awkward. Also, could have at least one more in front. The removeable, adjustable shelf in the rear is a nice feature. Might have a bit too much wind noise on highway speeds for me.

Best SUV I could find!!
By Ecobuilder on 07/10/07 21:21 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Powerful engine and love the DOD. Seamless! Excellent nav/stereo system except I wish it could play MP3's. Very comfortable in all rows, especially the 3rd row, my favourite seat. Rides and handles awesome for a vehicle its size. Tows effortlessly. Quiet in city or highway driving. Appreciate the side curtain airbags for my little girl. Best vehicle I've owned. Had some quirks in the beginning (engine ended up being replaced) but excellent since. Too bad it's not around after '07 although the Acadia is somewhat similiar.

Reliable Family Vehicle
By Mark Brown on 12/31/06 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Within 30 days of purchase, the power steering pump went out. I thought, Oh no, not a lemon? Fortunately, in the 18 months since purchase, this has been the only repair. A far cry from my days of owning a Land Rover Discovery! Anyway, we live in a high alpine ski resort (Telluride, CO) and with a family of 5, we are tough on our vehicle. The gas mileage is consistently 16.5mpg and the peppy engine has plenty of power for mountain roads. Extremely quiet and comfortable ride on what can be punishing highways. Love the heated seats. Fold down seats are great for hauling larger items. Very pleased with our purchase! Highly recommended! The OnStar system is super in the mountains too.

Envoy or Envy ? You decide
By ToJo3194 on 12/19/06 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides great. Interior could use some improvement on the SLE Package, since I would have expected more for a $30K vehicle. I am a little worried about the reliabilty of the engine and power train, since I heard both good and bad reviews.

GMC Envoy
By CLAUDIA RATLIFF on 12/12/06 00:15 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I find that this vehicle has superior handling, really smooth. The inside instruments make this a driver friendly vehicle. Also is a "10" on personal comfort zones.

Great SUV
By Andrea on 11/16/06 14:30 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Envoy a few weeks now and love it. After test driving the Mountaineer, Sequoia, Rendevous, Yukon, and TrailBlazer, I knew this was the one. My kids love it as well.

Great Style
By gl on 09/21/06 15:08 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Like the interior and dash layout. Love the way it drives, very quiet and feels solid. Looked for a long time for something with 3 rows that was not a V8 and was roomy enough for my family and their legs. This has fit the bill. First brand new car I've ever purchased.

Excellent Value
By Second driver on 07/25/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. We chose because we wanted great 3rd row comfort, storage behind the 3rd row and a good number of safety features. The Envoy XL has about the best 3rd seating out there. We like the dash layout better than the Chevy. The ride is very good for a truck base SUV. Cornering gives a good lean, but is OK. Gas mileage has been right on target. I'd still take better. We have enjoyed the XL very much and have no regrets in buying. The SLT2 trim is a nice trim level. All the creature comforts and still not "too" pricey. I could not find a good enough reason to buy a Denali trim. The insurance for the '06 XL is cheaper than our '03 VW Passat! I will recommend to anyone without hesitation

2006 GMC Envoy
By DB on 06/10/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a GMC Envoy XL (SLT) in March of 2006. My criteria included stability control, 7-passenger seating, side curtain air bags, and decent towing. I also looked at the Honda Pilot, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota 4 Runner, Toyota Sequoia, Ford Explorer, and Chevy Tahoe. I ended up choosing the GMC Envoy for a combination of value and capabilities. As an avid Consumer Reports subscriber I was hesitant in purchasing this vehicle but I am very pleased with my decision. I obtained a very good price with a combination of GM dollars, incentives and a discount from the dealer and the vehicle has more than met my expectations in providing a smooth and quiet ride into work with decent MPG.

Great Performance and Comfort
By David Borchelt on 05/31/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle handles well both on the highway and in shopping malls. The dispalcement on demand saves on fuel without any loss of performance. As a bonus the engine is E85 capable The nav system is easy to use and the xm radio makes trips more enjoyable.Third row seats provide plenty of extra room for the family and easily flip down to accommodate large packages. Interior is well designed and the front leg and headroom are more than adequate.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.