2005 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:
Worth the Test Drive, Worth the Purchase
By D. E. Nali on 08/05/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehichle is by far the best mid- size SUV I have driven. The XL version has more cargo room than the Chevy Tahoe and gets great gas mileage (compared to others). The Denali trim is aesthetically pleasing and detailed and provides one of the smoothest rides you will experience. The optional sunroof will take the place of the rear seat DVD entertainment system but provides a fun-in-the-sun experience without the hurricane wind affect you will find in other vehicles. Highway fuel economy averages between 19-20 mpg with an empty load and 18-19 mpg fully loaded. At one point I was messing around with the Average Fuel Economy button and I was getting around 25 mpg at 45-50 mph!

2 Envoy XL's!
By R. Rich on 08/03/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I actually leased a fully loaded Envoy XL in Jan. 05 and the Denali version in June 05, so my wife has one and I have one! I gave up a Jag XJ for an XL because I needed the 3 rows of seats. It was the only SUV that had the "ride" I wanted. Both have the V8. Except for some minor trim changes both are identical. The Denali version does have an "obvious" quiet package. They are good strong vehicles and the quality appears to be very good. I am obviously happy since I've got 2!

Great SUV, Lots of Power
By e4bnav on 07/16/05 00:49 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm very satisfied with this vehicle. Rides great. Handling is acceptable for an SUV. Most leg room in the third row seating of any competitor in its class. My first SUV and I'm satisfied. Looked at the Pathfinder, Explorer, Murano, Pilot, and 4-Runner. Couldn't beat the features and roominess of the Envoy for the price they were offering. If they didn't have the employee pricing, I would have gone for the Pathfinder. Still, the Pathfinder does not have as much third seat leg room.

Not to Shabby!
By Aspete on 07/14/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Envoy for about a couple of months now and have gone on 3 long road trips in it. It runs like a champ. Even with the V6, it has well enough power to get going. Nice, quiet ride along the highway. I don't know about the other models, but on my XL, to me it's difficult to determine where the rear is when backing up. It is kinda hard to see the blind spot and the rear, but then again, I did drive a smaller car before. The gas mileage just plain stinks, and averages 14 city and 20 highway, but what SUV gas mileage doesn't?

Love my Envoy XL
By Maria on 06/07/05 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my car less than a year. I have had two problems: first-the fuel pump had to be replaced. Second-the car stopped while driving, something wrong with the oxygen sensor. Besides that, the car has been great to carry kids around to all their activities

GM has some catching up to do
By jjones64 on 06/04/05 23:51 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL Denali Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, this vehicle is nice, but when compared to Nissan and Toyota build quality, styling, and engineering, the Japanese vehicles win hands down - without question. I bought the Envoy because GM is making serious deals on them right now. It was the right financial move, but not my first choice in vehicles. The Nissan Pathfinder is most definitely the better vehicle, albeit smaller

Loving my XL
By Jo B. Gurganus on 05/27/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Envoy XL for four days when a drunk lady rear-ended me. I was stopped at a red light. She hit me going about 35mph. My baby boy was in the back seat. The seatbelt his carseat was in stayed tight. We were both safe. And like the lady on the freeway I only needed a new rear bumper. Although greatful for the safety of my son and myself, my feelings were sure hurt. Thank you GMC for your safe cars.

A great total package!
By Starino on 05/18/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL Denali 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A great total package vechicle. Has advantages of a truck with the driving of a smaller car or SUV, and ride of a Caddie.

Love My Envoy
By DebMcDon on 04/27/05 14:24 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Historically GM products in my family have been the most reliable product we have every purchased. We have taken my Envoy on 3 long road trips and we were very comfortable. I also pulled a boat with it and had no problems with accelleration uphill. I beleive this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

A vehicle with great quality
By Charles on 03/31/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving for over 60 years and have not found a vehicle that I have been more satified with. As far as I can determine after driving and close inspection I feel that the Envoy compare very well with any vehicle of Japanese manufacture. As a registered Quality Engineer, I feel that that in the Envoy the American manufacturer has met and exceeded the quality from Japan. I feel that anyone purchaceing the Envoy will be completely satisfied with the quality and workmanship on the GMC Envoy.