2004 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Review: After only 6 years...mechanic

2004 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Review

SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

After only 6 years...mechanic told me to get rid of it!
By christiet on

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from the dealership and have been the only driver. It seems that the car ran pretty well until the warranty ran out and then the flood gates opened on a myriad of problems. I've never missed and oil change and the car has been serviced properly. Yet, I have already spent 2000 to replace the lifters in the engine. The oil pressure sensor has broken twice and is broken now. I'm also having to deal with a broken gas gage for the second time. Shocks have been replaced. Stabiltrack has never worked right. And now my mechanic says my engine is skipping and will need replacing because apparently there have been alot of problems with the GM V-8 engines.

When I talk to GMC they tell me "So sorry, your car is no longer under warranty. We realize there was a problem with the gas gages but we can't help you now." Sadly, my mechanic says it will be close to 8k to repair and the car is worth only a little more than that. Wish I would have made a more informed choice and wish GMC stood behind there product and gave service that helped the consumer.