2004 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:
GMC Envoy xl
By ciejmnz on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

So far happy with vehicle. Milage has been 15 mpg mixed driving and 22 mpg bet overall performance straight highway. Had problem with a/c 1.rear A/C unit had problem in July but dlr fixed problem on first try had to order part and they offered a spare vehicle for me to use. 2. Front A/c had problem in May dlr fixed problem, first visit took less thn 10 min. problem was a small valve that was replaced. My SUV is SLT with upgrades. Recently while on vacation, I rented SLE without upgrades and I sorely missed the gadgets in mine Regrets: With leather seats in my unit,sorry I did not get heated seats, particularly in extreem cold.

very happy with vehicle
By jayson on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I think the Envoy XL is very comfortable vehicle to drive everyday. I have no problem driving it all day. I think its nicer than the Ford Explorer. I only wish the brakes were more responsive and the rear seats were heated.

i love my gmc envoy
By hk on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i love this suv.its one of the best cars i ever had before .im from germany and we do haev very nice cars like mercedes bmw or volkswagen there.i was looking up there suvs .but nothing rides better then a gmc envoy.i had took mine on vacation all the way up to the east coast.im in texas.every penny that i spend on it was worth it.people need to go and test drive them.i think there would love em to.but the way i love the 6 cd changer in there .nothing sounds better then a bose system.and every envoy have that.thanks gmc hk

GREAT FOR A CROWD
By API on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

WE BOUGHT THIS SUV BECAUSE WE NEEDED ROOM FOR THE LARGE CARPOOLS. THIS SUV CAN DO IT. WE HAD AN SUV PRIOR TO THIS,MIALAGE IS NOT GOOD IN ANY OF THEM WE CAN GET 12MPG LOCAL AND A TOP OF 23 HWY. THE NUMBERS WHEN WE BOUGHT THE CAR ARE A LITTLE BIT OFF I WOULD SAY. WE HAVEN'T HAD THE CAR LONG ENOUGH TO SEE HOW IT HOLDS UP BUT WE DID GET A FOUR YEAR WARRANTEE FROM THE DEALER ALONG WITH A LOT OF GREAT REBATES THAT BROUGHT THE CAR DOWN TO AROUND 31K W DVD AND HEADPHONES. HARD TO PARK. GREAT INTERIOR WITH RIGHT LEFT HEATER A/C. GOOD DIGITAL CONTROLLS IN STEERING WHEEL FOR DISPLAY, HEATER/AC, AND RADIO. ALL AND ALL A GREAT SUV.WE ARE HAPPY WITH OUR PUCHASE.

Ride with Pride
By Eugene on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

So far it's GREAT! I went with the Envoy XL SLT PREMIUM over Toyota 4 Runner because of the third row seating. This is a true 7 passenger SUV. The Toyota 4 Runner's third row seat will only accommodate two small children. With very little cargo space behind the seat. I can sit two adults in my third row seat. My wife wanted room. Price was a little high, mid $40Ks, but well worth it.

A CUT ABOVE FORD
By Manuel C. Reis on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

LOVE THIS SUV HAVE HAD 3 TYPES BY FAR THE BEST ONE

ENVOY
By RAFFAT SAIED on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE OWNED & DRIVEN A LOT OF SUV. I DID SOME HOME WORK TO GET A COMPROMISE BETWEEN THE GMC XL & YOUKON. MY FOCOUS WENT TO YHE ENVOY. THEN I FOUND ENVOY HAS AN XL. AND THEY COME WITH TWO ENGINE CHOICES. I DROVE BOTH. TO BE HONEST, I DID NOT MUCH CARE FOR THE V8. I DID NOT LIKE THE GEAR RATIO. THE 4.2 ( STRAIGHT 6) HAS A LOT MORE TORQUE & A VERY WELL BALANCED GEAR RATIO.THE ENGINE IS VERY RESPONSIVE. THE MPG IS NOT SO GOOD BUT IT ONLY HAS 2000K MILES. ON THE LAST TANK, I GOT 15 MPG.IT SHOULD IMPROVE AS THE ENGINE SETTLES . IT IS VERY WELL DESIGNED ON THE OUT SIDE APPERANCE. GOOD LOOKING

like riding on air
By limit on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We alway owned other competitors vehicles, the design(exterior) caught our eye. The ride is so similar to a sedan and is very roomy. The leather seats are comfortable and the GPS and radio(Bose system) is magnificant. I am sold on the turning radius and the smooth driving even on rough roads.

Enjoy Envoy
By Steve/Marilyn on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Personally, I like the way it handles around corners. Exceleration is excellent in a pinch. Gas mileage needs serious improvement. This vehicle needs some improvement but it is a keeper.

blows japanese suv's away
By tommyjames on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Longer than a regular Yukon, the Envoy XL seats 7 comfortably. I tested several Japanese competitors where you are luckly to have room comforting 2 people. This has Suburban equivalence with a sexier look and price!