2004 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:
American Engineering at it's Best
By djuergens on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Seating comfort quality is as good as they come and ride comfort is absolutely amazing. Rides and handles like a big heavy car. Honda engineers should drive one of these. They have the real luxury feal and large wheelbase. Can't imagine why Honda Pilot is in this "compare to" category. Just because it's a SUV dosent mean you have to feel the pavement and every little crack.

A solid performer
By dzheng on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After drove the Envoy XL, I could not understand why Consumer Reports gave a low rating for this vehicle. It has lots of seat and cargo space, a powerful engine, good exterior styling, and a very smooth ride. I noticed the the structure is very solid, and found no resonance as I go through potholes. (This car was GM company owned vehicle which had already been driven for 8600 miles on the mine-field-like Detroit roads)

Luv my Envoy
By bluez on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the power, color , stereo system, heated mirrors and seats. Well I like everything about my Envoy. I love being spoiled by the immense features. Ford can not compare to the Envoy neither can the Honda Pilot. I have test drove both.

'04 Envoy XL
By Envoy XL in NC on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We researched for 4-months before purchasing our '04 Envoy XL in January. We compared the Pilot EX (no room behind 3rd row), the Explorer Limited (no room behind 3rd seat, underpowered, cheap interior), and finally test drove the Envoy with the 4.2, strong motor, smooth ride (not on twists, but hey, it's a truck!). We were very impressed by the total package.

Envoy review
By Teacher9 on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Enjoy the ride. Very comfortable. Don't understand the comment on numb- steering. The 4-wheel drive was great during the snow this winter. Cup holders are awkwardly placed. I've had hot coffee spill on my leg when driving.

AUSOME XUV
By RICH SANTORO on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE HAD THIS VEHOCLE FOR 4 WEEKS AND I CAN ACTUAL SAY OUT OF ALL OF THE SUV'S I HAVE OWN THIS ONE SEEMS TO WORK OUT THE BEST FOR MY NEEDS AS A CONTRACTOR. THE ABILITY TO SLIDE THE ROOF BACK AND THE VERSITILITY OF ITS USE HAS BEEN VERY EFFICIENT AND DEPENDABLE.

Envoy XL
By T Smith on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My envoy has power, very roomy for seven people and is fun to drive. All the seats in the back fold down and provide you with alot of room for carrying larger items. Fuel economy is about 18 mpg.

Graet
By sharde on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

this car is the best car I ever had . EXCELLENT

best bang and confort for the dollar
By liz carter on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

the envoy sits up higher than most , that is a plus, I found that the envoy has a smooth ride and handles quite nicely on rougher roads, on snow and slush it controls really well, even with the extra lenght in the XL model. I owned a Astek for 3 years and i loved the way it handled, but i believe this is going to be everything and more for the money.

Love It!!!
By Everett Larson on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven Suburbans most of the last 30 years, and this EnvoyXL has been the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. It is not especially fuel efficient, but does a good job of pulling a 21 foot boat and is a comfortable vehicle for a family with 7 grandchildren. We love it.