Used 2004 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:

Fun Ride
By dariet

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just an overall joy to drive and be a passenger in. Sails along like a fine day on the Potomac river. We love the XM radio, OnStar and other conveniences on the vehicle. And the color is "RED" What more can we say, except, we highly recommend looking at them and buying one or two.........

Fine leather seats with lumbar system OnStar and XM stereo

Maybe to soon but so far none, we've had it 35 days....

GMC Envoy Rocks!
By Sharp

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My GMC Envoy XL Rocks! Not only is it fun to drive, but extremely versitile. I also love how safe I feel in it. The quality of the vehicle is awesome as well - have not had any problems with it.

OnStar, XM Radio, the shelf in the cargo area, DVD player

Great Envoy
By Elizabeth Drew

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was concerned the Envoy XL would be too large for me, but it handles so well, it was as comfortable as my old car. The feeling of safety and security is great. I feel very secure driving my Envoy because I can see traffic so well. GMC did a great job on the interior - very luxurious!

Love the versitility of my Envoy. I have the 3rd seat option and I only use it occassionally, but it comes in handy when the kids are home. I also love the styling of the vehicle, not too big, but plenty of room.

I wish my gas mileage was better, but can't have everything.

Family Cruiser
By DKAWAY

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Terrific for trips with children given the built in dvd system with wireless headphones. Great ride.

built in dvd. fold down third row seat provides room for extra kids and easy stow for carrying stuff.

great vehicle!

Luxury at a great price
By sdr728

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I were looking for a big vehicle for all of our hauling and the two children and their friends. We had the opportunity to drive the Envoy and fell in love. We were a little concerned with the Six Cyl 4.2 Engine but WOW are we impressed now. We have never felt like more power was needed and the fuel economy is outstanding!! I have friends that have driven these veh's hard and the mileage is in line with the V8 models but I drive very conservativiely and love the ride. You drive this truck like you should with precious cargo on board and you will love the ride, power and MPG!

The ride and the Engine! The air suspension is like nothing I have owned before. The engine is the best! I get 25 mpg on teh highway and 18 to 20 around town! This thing is huge at 5500 lbs. Yet is rides and runs like most trucks half its size.

I have no suggested improvements. This truck is perfect as far as my wife and family are concerned. Big and safe, Great ride and powerful. What else is there?

• SUV