Used 2004 GMC Envoy XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:

Problems
By Josh

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Envoy for 2 years and we have had the ignition switch go out about 3 times an the front and rear air conditioning quit working about 2 times.

My favorite features are the V-8 and the comfortable ride.

I think that it needs a lot of improvements on the electrical side of it.

Great
By Deborah K. Gaines

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I live in a snowy area and I have been extremely pleased with the performance in snow and on slippery roads. It makes small u-turns. I have found it to be rather economical. All of my friends and family constantly ask to use it for moving and furniture pick ups. My car is not fancy but very useful and easy to drive. The ride is nice and not bouncy. It is also easy to get in and out of and parks very easily. My work is rain or shine, snow or sleet and I feel very safe and secure in my Envoy. I am 60 years old have driven Cadillacs, Buicks, Dodges and Chryslers. I feel this is the best of them all.

See above.

The only improvement I would suggest is that the front does not have enough room for me, and my purse if I have a passenger in the front. It would be nice if the 2nd row of seats could flatten out to the floor and not sit up so high.

My Envoy
By Mrs.Green

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought my 2004 GMC Envoy XL from a Chevrolet Dealer but it was a tester from GM. This meant I had every option on my Envoy. Although at the end of this year I will probably trade-in I might get another Envoy XL. I also like the 7 seats for when I'm hauling my grandkids.

BOSE, Heated Seats, Pwr. Lumbar, Sunroof

American Made
By Gene

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great American made SUV. it rides like a Caddy. Bose sound system, leather heated seats and sunroof are 5 Stars. Gas mileage is a let down and I believe people need to get loud on this subject. Take care of your customers and they will come back for more.

Sunroof, heated leather seats, cargo space.

Gas mileage needs to improve big time. Better front cup holders. Cruise needs to be on the steering wheel w/ mute button for radio. DVD screen in headrests on sunroof models. Light on running boards when exiting.

Awesome Envoy!
By by momy247

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in an 01 Toyota Sienna for this Envoy because I got tired of the mommy van. I looked at the Honda Pilot first and thought I was ready to buy, then I looked at the Envoy XL, and there was no comparison. The vehicle is very comfortable and the interior is very inviting. The Pilot interior seemed smaller and not comfortable at all. There are also better rebates when you buy domestic! Foreign cars do not offer these great rebates! I saved a lot of money and it was well worth it! This seats 7 people very easily. I have even sat in the 3rd row myself on a long drive and there is plenty of legroom for adults. I had a DVD system put in for the kids and its perfect! I love this vehicle!

The second and third row folding flat, the comfortable ride, and quiet interior. It's easy to drive and it gets better gas mileage than a Yukon!

Move the shifter to the column.