2004 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:
Great
By Deborah K. Gaines on 02/08/06 17:39 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I live in a snowy area and I have been extremely pleased with the performance in snow and on slippery roads. It makes small u-turns. I have found it to be rather economical. All of my friends and family constantly ask to use it for moving and furniture pick ups. My car is not fancy but very useful and easy to drive. The ride is nice and not bouncy. It is also easy to get in and out of and parks very easily. My work is rain or shine, snow or sleet and I feel very safe and secure in my Envoy. I am 60 years old have driven Cadillacs, Buicks, Dodges and Chryslers. I feel this is the best of them all.

My Envoy
By Mrs.Green on 01/28/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought my 2004 GMC Envoy XL from a Chevrolet Dealer but it was a tester from GM. This meant I had every option on my Envoy. Although at the end of this year I will probably trade-in I might get another Envoy XL. I also like the 7 seats for when I'm hauling my grandkids.

American Made
By Gene on 03/19/05 12:06 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great American made SUV. it rides like a Caddy. Bose sound system, leather heated seats and sunroof are 5 Stars. Gas mileage is a let down and I believe people need to get loud on this subject. Take care of your customers and they will come back for more.

Awesome Envoy!
By by momy247 on 03/06/05 22:45 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in an 01 Toyota Sienna for this Envoy because I got tired of the mommy van. I looked at the Honda Pilot first and thought I was ready to buy, then I looked at the Envoy XL, and there was no comparison. The vehicle is very comfortable and the interior is very inviting. The Pilot interior seemed smaller and not comfortable at all. There are also better rebates when you buy domestic! Foreign cars do not offer these great rebates! I saved a lot of money and it was well worth it! This seats 7 people very easily. I have even sat in the 3rd row myself on a long drive and there is plenty of legroom for adults. I had a DVD system put in for the kids and its perfect! I love this vehicle!

Great SUV
By techieguy on 12/07/04 09:25 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful vehicle. Ride is top notch. Had a Honda Pilot for a while but there is no comparison between the Honda and the Envoy. Build quality is every bit as good as the Honda and it is much more comfortable. You really can put 7 adults in the truck and take a long trip!

ENVOY XL GREAT!!
By gatchey on 11/12/04 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good car! I enjoy driving it!

Flaaen Envoy
By bflaaen on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have the V8 which is not listed here, great for pulling my boat. Never had the truck back to the dealer except for oil changes when the oil life light comes on/

Swiss Army Knife of SUVs
By Chuck Spieser on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Super truck that gets it done for the whole family. Storage and functionality is fantastic. The truck also looks great even though there are many of them on the road. Personalization is also key with grill add-ons that make it look even better. I am very happy with the Envoy.

Fun Ride
By dariet on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just an overall joy to drive and be a passenger in. Sails along like a fine day on the Potomac river. We love the XM radio, OnStar and other conveniences on the vehicle. And the color is "RED" What more can we say, except, we highly recommend looking at them and buying one or two.........

GMC Envoy Rocks!
By Sharp on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My GMC Envoy XL Rocks! Not only is it fun to drive, but extremely versitile. I also love how safe I feel in it. The quality of the vehicle is awesome as well - have not had any problems with it.