2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:

Sort Reviews by

Problems
By Josh

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Envoy for 2 years and we have had the ignition switch go out about 3 times an the front and rear air conditioning quit working about 2 times.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the V-8 and the comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

I think that it needs a lot of improvements on the electrical side of it.

Great
By Deborah K. Gaines

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I live in a snowy area and I have been extremely pleased with the performance in snow and on slippery roads. It makes small u-turns. I have found it to be rather economical. All of my friends and family constantly ask to use it for moving and furniture pick ups. My car is not fancy but very useful and easy to drive. The ride is nice and not bouncy. It is also easy to get in and out of and parks very easily. My work is rain or shine, snow or sleet and I feel very safe and secure in my Envoy. I am 60 years old have driven Cadillacs, Buicks, Dodges and Chryslers. I feel this is the best of them all.

Favorite Features

See above.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would suggest is that the front does not have enough room for me, and my purse if I have a passenger in the front. It would be nice if the 2nd row of seats could flatten out to the floor and not sit up so high.

My Envoy
By Mrs.Green

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My husband bought my 2004 GMC Envoy XL from a Chevrolet Dealer but it was a tester from GM. This meant I had every option on my Envoy. Although at the end of this year I will probably trade-in I might get another Envoy XL. I also like the 7 seats for when I'm hauling my grandkids.

Favorite Features

BOSE, Heated Seats, Pwr. Lumbar, Sunroof

American Made
By Gene

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great American made SUV. it rides like a Caddy. Bose sound system, leather heated seats and sunroof are 5 Stars. Gas mileage is a let down and I believe people need to get loud on this subject. Take care of your customers and they will come back for more.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, heated leather seats, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage needs to improve big time. Better front cup holders. Cruise needs to be on the steering wheel w/ mute button for radio. DVD screen in headrests on sunroof models. Light on running boards when exiting.

Awesome Envoy!
By by momy247

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in an 01 Toyota Sienna for this Envoy because I got tired of the mommy van. I looked at the Honda Pilot first and thought I was ready to buy, then I looked at the Envoy XL, and there was no comparison. The vehicle is very comfortable and the interior is very inviting. The Pilot interior seemed smaller and not comfortable at all. There are also better rebates when you buy domestic! Foreign cars do not offer these great rebates! I saved a lot of money and it was well worth it! This seats 7 people very easily. I have even sat in the 3rd row myself on a long drive and there is plenty of legroom for adults. I had a DVD system put in for the kids and its perfect! I love this vehicle!

Favorite Features

The second and third row folding flat, the comfortable ride, and quiet interior. It's easy to drive and it gets better gas mileage than a Yukon!

Suggested Improvements

Move the shifter to the column.

Great SUV
By techieguy

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful vehicle. Ride is top notch. Had a Honda Pilot for a while but there is no comparison between the Honda and the Envoy. Build quality is every bit as good as the Honda and it is much more comfortable. You really can put 7 adults in the truck and take a long trip!

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, size, dual zone heat, rear air conditioner, pretty much everything inside!

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the console to have real cup holders. Move shifter to the column where it belongs and use a foot parking brake to open up room in the console

ENVOY XL GREAT!!
By gatchey

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good car! I enjoy driving it!

Flaaen Envoy
By bflaaen

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have the V8 which is not listed here, great for pulling my boat. Never had the truck back to the dealer except for oil changes when the oil life light comes on/

Favorite Features

Size and utility Kids like DVD

Suggested Improvements

Make the Sunroof available with the DVD

Swiss Army Knife of SUVs
By Chuck Spieser

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Super truck that gets it done for the whole family. Storage and functionality is fantastic. The truck also looks great even though there are many of them on the road. Personalization is also key with grill add-ons that make it look even better. I am very happy with the Envoy.

Favorite Features

Style - front end

Suggested Improvements

Place to put cell phone

Fun Ride
By dariet

2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just an overall joy to drive and be a passenger in. Sails along like a fine day on the Potomac river. We love the XM radio, OnStar and other conveniences on the vehicle. And the color is "RED" What more can we say, except, we highly recommend looking at them and buying one or two.........

Favorite Features

Fine leather seats with lumbar system OnStar and XM stereo

Suggested Improvements

Maybe to soon but so far none, we've had it 35 days....