Good Truck, but has problems
By Tris on
2002 GMC Envoy XL SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
My family got this truck about three years ago and for the first year and a half the truck was wonderful with no problems. Soon after that, we started having many problems. The brake lights go out all the time because of the wires or something. That problem was on going for about a year, I know they recalled it. Know problems under the hood are starting to surface and the things that are not working are very expensive. The car overall is good for that first year but after that it might be a good idea to trade it in, but is a great vehicle other than the problems. Overall this is not a truck you would buy if you were planning to keep it and then give it to your kids. I was expecting to at least get five years out of it.
Favorite Features
The outside of the truck is great. I love the look, and it turns a lot of heads, especially when it's clean and shining.
Suggested Improvements
A lot of the truck's amenities are cheap. The radio is not that great. The gas guage often goes down and then goes up at times, so you may have gas but the guage will have it at less than you really do.