2002 GMC Envoy XL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:
The SUV of the Century
By renzo on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best in all SUV. With 7 passenger capacity with plenty of room and cargo room. very comfortable seats, leather interior. Excellent exterior design. GMC is reliable coz of its Truck making history. We test drive all SUV in its class before buying but this is the only one which we truly can say that its a Drivers car and a Family car a Perfect Car. We just love it!!!

OH No.....
By Dave Flick on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Guess I just bought a lemon.....dealer said that they are going to take it back but I think I'd like something else.

The Greatest Vehicle Ever Made
By Lora on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm not a truck person, but fell in love with this SUV, it is by far the greatest vehicle made. If your looking for safe, roomy and just smart, get an Envoy.

So far, great
By Kevbo on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Once I got used to driving a much bigger car than the old Jimmy, I couldn't think of any other car to drive! My wife and I are now fighting over it, and the kids want to just sit inside and watch DVD's. So far, not one flaw and seems to get about 22 mpg on the fwy. GMC seems to have a winner. My only comlaint is that they added a new incentive AFTER I bought the car!

WOW!
By Supamonk on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has changed my entire outlook on SUV's! Previously i had a '97 Chevy Tahoe LT and i always felt that it was too big. The XL is the same size, but the way they designed it made it feel much smaller. I've gotten it with nearly as many features as my husband's LOADED Cadillac DTS, and it drives almost as smoothly. Its sold at a great price too, several thousand less than most comparable SUV's. This is a great car and I love it.

Terrific so far!
By rj12345 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought an Envoy XL with 1SK last week, much to the horror of my import- loving friends and family. So far, I can't find any faults with it. Very powerful engine - accelerates smoothly, handles and drives like a car, with the capacity and towing capability of a true SUV. The only thing better in the Acura MDX is the navigation capability. The Honda Pilot will be similar but lower priced (before greedy dealers start marking up over MSRP). The Toyota Sequoia is a little more spacious but to get it similarly equipped will cost almost $8K more, and you lose about 4 MPG. Other 7-seater SUVs: Ford Explorer and Dodge Durango - their designs seem dated in comparison to the Envoy.

A bute!
By Healthguy on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is sooooo nice. Just about every feature you can think of is laid out in a consistant, sophisticated manner. I am very tall and the XL has great headroom. With the regular Envoy, my sightline had me looking into the bottom part of the visor. The XL is taller, even with the Sunroof. The back seats are incredibly easy to get things in and out of. The 3rd row has more room that most Standard SUV's 1st row. Very excited to have this loaded XL. Have the Black SLT with moon roof, chrome wheels, and Dealer installed DVD. Pleasantly Surprised that I average about 15mpg. Thought it would be more like 12.

The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!
By Rick Ruth on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

For a sport utility, the Envoy XL rides like a luxury sedan, and has all the comfort of some of the best luxury vehicles. It is easy to drive and rarely ever feel a bump in the road. My wife insists that her back feels better after riding in the Envoy. I originally intended on getting the Yukon, but after driving the Yukon it felt more like a truck and did not have the comfort of the Envoy. In addition, I do city driving and the Yukon is much wider than the Envoy, but the Envoy with a third row seat gives you the same seating without the bulky size. Overall, an EXCELLENT sport utility.

GMC's Best Yet
By zinkv on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Envoy XL SLT w/4WD and all options except DVD and chrome wheels. Ride is exceptionally smooth and the handling is good, if not X5 caliber; the 270 HP V-6 pulls strong and steady without hesitation. Only complaint is an occassional squeak on rough roads...not sure if it is from a seat or the chassis. Otherwise, the vehicle has exceeded expectations except fuel economy. Rated 15 City and 20 Hwy, but so far getting 13/19. Expect that will improve with break-in (only 600 miles). Considered the Acura MDX, Sequoia and Mountaineer. At this point, I'm happy with my choice and the value for the price paid. I still worry about eventual resale value.

Not all its cracked up to be
By Wish it worked on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoyed my Envoy SLT for a while and then the heated seats went out, then it was the power mirrors, then it was the windshield wipers. Sorry to say that for the commercials on TV this is far from professional grade. I plan on trading mine in as soon as I find something other than a GMC to turn my head. Hope everyone elses is ok I believe there are too many bugs in mine.