Used 2002 GMC Envoy XL SLT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:

Another great GM vehicle
By toytruckman

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Envoy XL new and love it. It has hauled trailers, doors, 2X4s, furniture and many other things including 7 passengers. This vehicle has only been back to the dealer twice and once was for a beauty item that I didn't like the looks. Sadly, it is time for a new vehicle (every 7 years as the GM credit card dollars start to expire)and I do not like the replacement Acadia due to the back glass not opening.

Favorite Features

Flexibility of the cargo area to haul items or passengers.

Non-Professional Grade
By Raven789

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Envoy XL in Aug. of 2002 and it has been in the shop 9-times. Had the A/C compressor replaced twice, power steering pump once, rear shock replaced, On-Star system repaired, cracked fuel tack replace at 5k miles. I am very unhappy with GMC and this truck. I went from a 4Runner and will never buy a GMC again! Marketing is a wonderful thing, if your are close to the truth, professional grade?

Favorite Features

Look/design, DVD player, and 3rd row seat.

Suggested Improvements

Fix bugs in the entire engine compartment.

happiness
By elioenai

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

great investvent, great purshasing expirience, i would buy this car egain.the car is strongit does not feel u r driving a suv, great deal

Favorite Features

memory seats, on star equip, comfort

Suggested Improvements

gmc has to work on ac sensors they are too delicate i guess is due to the individual ac control system

Total dissapointment
By Bravo7

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I resent so much buying one it's unbelievable. Within a year the car has been in the service department 7 times; wipers stopped working, a/c broke twice and still having problems with it, car turned off by itself a few times, rear noise (transmission or differential joints were replaced), fan clutch replaced; wind noise is terrible in this vehicle, cracking noise on the steering front end (twice has been taken to the dealer for this problem) and a few other items I can't remember now. It is a nice looking vehicle but quality wise sucks!! GM could have done a better job.

Favorite Features

its look

Suggested Improvements

re-design the damn car over again, put major quality in it. I feel rip off owning this vehicle. I paid for a quality, new family vehicle and instead I got something that basically lives in the service department every other month. What a disgrace!

Moving along
By uncleb20

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I waited until GMC came out with the XL edition for the third seat capacity; however, the biggest advantage is the smoother ride that the additional wheel base offers. Exterior detail is easy on the eye and makes the truck look bigger than it is.

Favorite Features

The ride, interior design and the fuel milage are my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

Move the mirror up a bit higher or allow the driver's seat to go lower - the current positioning makes it hard for taller drivers to see traffic to the right