Used 2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Envoy XL model:

2002 GMC Envoy LX
By Hector Figueroa Jr.

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLE 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best SUV I Ever Own Well Made All Around This Is Truly American Craft Go USA!!!!!

A Great SUV!
By NCPIR8

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this Envoy, SLT-XL V6 since new in 8/2002, 6.5 yrs. with 115K miles. It has been great except for modulator for A/C replaced at 4yrs. Everything works fine, ride is great, carries 7 avg. sized men with room for a large cooler. Great gas mileage, 24+ highway and 17+ around town. On occasion will shift from 2wd to AWD for no reason. Mechanic has looked at twice. This has actually been in the shop less than my friend's 2002 Acura TL. I have back problems and the driver's seat is the best around for the electric adjustable lumbar support. Overall very pleased with this vehicle.

Size vs. Horsepower vs. Fuel economy. Japanese can't beat it. Lumbar support on driver's seat is great. Smooth ride and responsive handling.

Some electrical functions, power. mirrors, 4x4, change with no notice.

Another great GM vehicle
By toytruckman

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Envoy XL new and love it. It has hauled trailers, doors, 2X4s, furniture and many other things including 7 passengers. This vehicle has only been back to the dealer twice and once was for a beauty item that I didn't like the looks. Sadly, it is time for a new vehicle (every 7 years as the GM credit card dollars start to expire)and I do not like the replacement Acadia due to the back glass not opening.

Flexibility of the cargo area to haul items or passengers.

How do you treat your GMC?
By michael l

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 GMC Envoy 4 years ago with 43k miles on it. The only maintainance I have done is change the oil, brakes, and tires. Sometimes I will wash it. This has been the most reliable SUV I have ever owned. How do other people drive and maintain? Easy on the gas and this SUV will take care of you. I currently have 188,468 miles on it and still runs as smooth as butter. It is a 2002. 8 years later and still runs like new. Time to buy a new and pass this to my daughter.

Storage, looks, and reliability.

None.

I love my Envoy
By Niki

2002 GMC Envoy XL SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Envoy! It has a lot of room (including a third row of seats), a moonroof, user settings for each driver, remote start, leather interior, and all kinds of things. I highly recommend this truck.. I love it!

moonroof, individual user settings

more "trunk" space would be nice