2015 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 GMC Canyon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Great Truck!
By Jonny See

2015 GMC Canyon SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this truck for 6 months and I am very happy with my purchase. I use it as my daily driver because it's comfortable, quiet, has decent gas mileage (21mpg), and also has power when I need it. The exterior looks great and the inside has more than enough room for my wife and 2 kids. I've had no major issues with the truck. So far SO good!

"Mid-size truck" with big power
By Philip Poemoceah

2015 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lot's to like about this truck. Comfortable and quiet overall. It has got a lot of towing power and payload capacity with great gas mileage. More city driving than highway but overall 20.7 mpg on regular gas. Good acceleration. Really like the backup camera. The interior does have a lot of hard plastic so change tends to rattle. The seats feel good and firm on long trips and the road and wind noise level is very good (quiet). The problem is that the steering wheel rattles and the dealer has been instructed not to fix it. This is a problem with both the Canyon and Colorado models and is noted in the GMC technical Document ID: 4089969 dated in February 2015 . Very annoying with the quiet interior. Other small interior problems were fixed by the dealer but this one instructs them to wait until GMC defines a fix. A bad mark on an otherwise nice truck.

Love it
By Tony

2015 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been waiting for 6 months to see this truck. I had a 2007 Chevy Colorado and I hated it. But with all the hype I needed to see the new Canyon before I committed to any other truck and I am so glad I did. It is the most comfortable truck that I have ever driven. It is easy to maneuver and it does everything that I would expect out of a luxury truck ( and I do not even have all the bells and whistles. ) I took it on a long trip and there was never a time that I was uncomfortable. I love this truck and hope they only get better although I do not how it could.

Impressive New Addition...
By B L

2015 GMC Canyon SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

... to the mid size truck market. Have had my 2015 Canyon 4 x 4 SLT about 2 months now. Have used it mostly for city driving other than a 1500 mile trip to Northern CA and Northern NV. Averaged 23.9 during the trip and averaging 20.2 overall. Very comfortable for long trips, smooth ride for a 4 x 4. Controls user friendly, and thank you GM for making a nav system that can be used by a passenger while driving. My RAM 3500 and Jeep GC had nav systems that were unable to use during vehicle movement. Great looking truck and no issues thus far.

New Canyon Road Trip
By azjimc

2015 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just completed a 5K mile road trip with new Canyon. Exceeded expectations! Moderate heavy load still averaged 22MPG. Have all the electronic bells and whistles. Amazing Nav screen automatically notes coming traffic problems. Voice tells about road issues ahead. Weather map shows accurate NWS maps with storms clearly shown ahead. Drivers Info Center on dash supports LED screen plus added features. Never used On-Star and did not need it with on board Navigation features. Nav-GPS very accurate. Slightly slower to use than Garmin. Auto-trac a must for bad weather. Very secure feel to driving the truck. Light years away from older F 150 I used.

Auto-trac. 4WD. Navigation System. Bose sound system. Crew-cab seating in back. Adult sized.

Large issue with the temperature control system. There is none. You have to constantly adjust by hand the thermostat back and forth around your desired temp. It was constantly too hot or too cold and we had to fight it all the way. A huge disappointment for such a high tech machine. May be a warranty issue ( i hope) to be brought up at first service. Another big problem is the location of the Auto-trac dial and the lighting dials on the lower left dash panel. Your knees getting in and out can hit the dials and change the settings. Why there and not up higher in the panel? Lastly the auto up-down on drivers window erratic. Must be a warranty issue.

• SUV