2010 GMC Canyon Consumer Review: Major Improvements

2010 GMC Canyon - Consumer Review

2010 GMC Canyon

SLE Regular Cab Pickup (2.9L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Major Improvements
By Eric on

2010 GMC Canyon SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I use to have a 2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT until it was vandalized. I was very happy with how this truck performed that I decided to get another one, but with a few more options. I opted with the GMC Canyon SLE 4x4. I must say that I am more than satisfied with what GM has added as standards for the 2010 model. The suspension offers a much better ride than my 2WD one did from 2010, and the darker interior looks very nice. I know there are complaints with the simplicity of the interior, but everything is efficiently placed, and I feel it has a more rugged look than competing mid-sized truck. All in all there is no other mid-size truck that I would buy over this one.

Standard Side impact airbags, high off road stance, decent travel and clearance, minimalist interior, great road feel, improved breaking, really nice 16 inch Chrome Clad Wheels. I also enjoy the good low end torque from the 2.9 I4 in conjunction with the 5 speed manual. AND...over 21 mpg city only.

The newer seating installed, though much more comfortable, seems to provide less room for my leggy 6 foot 7 build. I still fit pretty well, though. I'm going to go ahead and beat the dead horse - please install an auxiliary input into the CD player. However the MP3 capability somewhat bypasses it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review