Used 2010 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Gmc Canyon - Consumer Reviews

2010 GMC Canyon Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Not that bad
By juliancasta

2010 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a small truck to haul small loads. I wanted an American truck. So far its not that bad, its really good on the highway, not that much noise. The seats could be better, but they are ok. The cd player though does have an old style to it. One weird thing, on the armrest there is a cassette tape case holder. Who uses cassettes anymore, it's a waste of space. It's easy to drive, my wife likes to drive it. It needs a place for your change, you don't have a storage place on the dash for your change or anything important. I haven't yet taken it offroad.

Favorite Features

Xm radio, Onstar equiped. Gm bed liner. It drives smooth. I like to drive fast and when your going 80mph it feels like your going 50mph. It has a nice looking dash. It has an extra light on the rear exterior of the cab for the bed. I need a lot of leg room, i have more than enough.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, better radio features and style. New mirrors, they could have a better style to them. Better quality bolts, I looked at the undercarridge and the bolts look like they are going to rust.

Major Improvements
By Eric

2010 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I use to have a 2007 Chevrolet Colorado LT until it was vandalized. I was very happy with how this truck performed that I decided to get another one, but with a few more options. I opted with the GMC Canyon SLE 4x4. I must say that I am more than satisfied with what GM has added as standards for the 2010 model. The suspension offers a much better ride than my 2WD one did from 2010, and the darker interior looks very nice. I know there are complaints with the simplicity of the interior, but everything is efficiently placed, and I feel it has a more rugged look than competing mid-sized truck. All in all there is no other mid-size truck that I would buy over this one.

Favorite Features

Standard Side impact airbags, high off road stance, decent travel and clearance, minimalist interior, great road feel, improved breaking, really nice 16 inch Chrome Clad Wheels. I also enjoy the good low end torque from the 2.9 I4 in conjunction with the 5 speed manual. AND...over 21 mpg city only.

Suggested Improvements

The newer seating installed, though much more comfortable, seems to provide less room for my leggy 6 foot 7 build. I still fit pretty well, though. I'm going to go ahead and beat the dead horse - please install an auxiliary input into the CD player. However the MP3 capability somewhat bypasses it.

GMC/Chevrolet
By gab

2010 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have a Chevrolet Colorado as well. I would recommend the 5 cylinderbecause it's very fast. I bought the 4 cylinderbecause it has more hp than any other 4 cylindertruck. These are type of cars you buy without having to read reviews (experts are really not too knowledgeable anyways). These are very fun cars to drive. The great thing is that my Colorado has 75,000 miles and the only problem I had was a belt squeak so I changed the belt. That is why I repeated the purchase. Also look at the sierras and silverado bc they are running huge rebates. I bought bigger tires for it and it looks killer.

Favorite Features

Design, fuel, handling, height with floods (Tacoma has exhaust on the floor like a Camry), longevity, aftermarket fun, simplicity under the hood (if you look under the hood, it is sooo easy!I change oil without lifting, belt etc. Some cars look so complicated!)

Suggested Improvements

New model just to stay ahead. Interior could use less plastic (but solid no squeaks nor fading). If you get big tires does move a lil on highway but ok. Might be a little pricey compared to rebates on silverado and sierra