2009 GMC Canyon 2.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - This truck saved my life

2009 GMC Canyon - Consumer Review

SLE Extended Cab Pickup (2.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

This truck saved my life
By jequines on

2009 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Stabilitrac on this truck is the best thing I have ever had in a vehicle, driving through a blizzard in the mountains for 7hrs with 1/2 a foot of snow on the highway and this truck(2wd) with firestone winterforce tires handled it like a champ, no slipping no sliding it drove perfectly. gets great mileage 20city 28 hwy. By far the most powerful 4cyl pickup I test drove. Looks great and now have 40,000kms on it with no problems. Interior front seats are comfortable rear seat in ext cab are a joke, for children only. Truck tows my 3000 boat no problems and this little 2wd can get through suprisingly deep snow confidently. Would defn' buy another.

Favorite Features

Handles great. Drives great. I like the looks of this truck most of all. Love the standard leather wrapped steering wheel. Gets better gas mileage than my old civic did.

Suggested Improvements

Paint is quite cheap and chips easily, rear springs need to be a little stronger back end dips a bit too much with a heavy load, maybe just a better overload spring. Take out the center seatbelt in the front no human alive could fit there anyways.