2008 GMC Canyon 2.9L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2008 GMC Canyon SLE Crew

2008 GMC Canyon - Consumer Review

SLE Crew Cab Pickup (2.9L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

2008 GMC Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4cyl
By RJS on

2008 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for almost 2 mos. now. It replaced my 1995 Chevy p/u that had just under 370K miles on it. I was quite please with the price paid (just over 18K after rebates & GM card bonus for a base model w/ tow package) and the buying experience at the dealership. The truck itself is the best buy out there for the money. In my opinion, the 4 cyl is not much different power-wise from the 5 cyl (I test drove both) and the gas mileage is great (have been averaging 22-23mpg in mixed city-highway driving). Plus, the 4cyl was much quieter than the 5 cyl. The interior is very nice and well-laid out. There is plenty of room for five people. It rides like a dream. Great job GM!

Favorite Features

Standard power doorlocks and windows with remote keyless entry. The front armrest storage (front bench seat) and the ample supply of cupholders and storage in general.

Suggested Improvements

GM could do more to reduce wind noise in these trucks (a common complaint). Also the automatic transmission needs to be re-worked (it is very reluctant to downshift when going up hills).