Used 2008 GMC Canyon Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Canyon Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Brake Problems
By ken Almonrode

2008 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

The day I picked it up the head lights would not shut off and brake pedal went almost to the floor. the Dealer fixed the head lights and was told the brakes were ok they are all like that. Back to the dealer for wipers that turned on by their self and low tire light coming on for on reason. Took vehicle to a none dealer service station were they trued the rear drums and solved the brake problem.

good gas milage

Like it so far...
By Frank

2008 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my Canyon for about a month now and have put on about 800 miles. I like the interior, the exterior styling, power and handling of this truck. I bought a GMC (only my second new US vehicle) after pricing a comparable Toyota Tacoma. I had a '97 Tacoma which was a good truck, but for an '08 with the options I wanted, it would have cost around $5K more than the GMC. So far the only thing I am disapointed in is the MPG. I should get 16/23 with the 4 cyl automatic, but so far have just barely done better than 16 on the first few tanks (mostly hwy). Hopefully this is due to driving a few times in 4WD, and I imagine the mileage is worse in cold weather due to thicker fluids.

MP3 CD is great! If you have a PC, you can stick 10 CDs into an MP3 CD. It is almost like having a CD changer. Interior is roomy, the seats are comfortable, the exterior looks sharp. I like the extended cab rear doors, it makes it easy for my dog to get in and out! Truck seems to be built well

I hope the MPG improves beyond the current 16-17 I'm hoping for at least 20. I'm having difficulty getting a bed-liner from my dealer with holes cut in the right places for the bed tie-downs. The liner is GMC, the truck is GMC, what's the problem?

Best Truck for My Money
By FDH

2008 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I previously had 2005 GMC Reg cab with 4cyl and Auto trans. Drove around 67000 mi. Purchased current 2008 GMC SLE ext cab 3.7 5 cylinder with auto trans and locking rear. Fantastic truck with Great towing ability! I think for the money spent and the 5yr /100000 mi warranty that comes with this truck. This is probably the best buy out there

Tilt wheel and cruise standard. True (EATON) Locking rear axle

Not really impressed with the standard Gneral tires. Can be remedied later