I really like it
By TrojanHorse on
2007 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)
Yeah, I'll admit I wanted a Tacoma xtra-cab, but, I bought an American truck with more features, and at a better price. Yes, the fit and finish is not the same as Toyota, but it is close. My only complaint is freeway wind rush coming from the drivers side 1/2 door (which isnt much). If you have the sunroof (which I think is pretty cool, no one else has it...) you need a wind deflector. Yes, the interior is simple, but I didnt think it was cheap looking. The factory 6 disc player cranks pretty good too. The 2.9l! is the best 4 cyl I ever sat behind, and it gets damn decent mileage. $8000 less than a Tacoma! I have enough left over to buy a new Titus Mtn. Bike...
Favorite Features
Strong 4 cyl., available sunroof, great plush ride (off-road suspension), very quiet interior. The MT is smooooth. Respectable mileage. The exterior design is very pleasing. 70 mph @ 2000 rpm.....No real blind spots.
Suggested Improvements
Major: better door gaskets.The cheeezy screendoor to "cover" the sunroof when not in use. It better not leak in a yr...My "upgrade" stereo has no way to input my Ipod directly, come on... Minor: the little storage boxes under the back seats need moveable compartment inserts.A locking fuel cap door.