2007 GMC Canyon Consumer Review: Best deal available

2007 GMC Canyon - Consumer Review

SLE Crew Cab Pickup (3.7L 5-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

Best deal available
By DJS on

2007 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my SLE Crewcab, 5 cyl., auto, 4x4 last August, worked it hard this past record snowfall winter. The 4wd and locking rearend made it unstoppable. The truck listed at $25.6K, after rebates, dealing, and GM points, paid $18.5K before tax. This was about $10K less than Toyota or Nissan. I do mainly city driving, short trips, only 3-4K miles/year, so mpg is not a great concern. I am not surprised that it wasn't hitting the epa ratings considering the few miles on the truck, short trips, cold weather, and use of 4wd.

Good power, slick 4x4 system, locking rear end, well laid out interior, compact size, smooth and quiet on the highway.

4 wheel disc brakes, larger rims (prefer 17 instead of the factory 15), I-pod plug in for stereo, more supportive front seats, better engine ehaust note, more front leg room or add a telescopic column, better floor mats (I went aftermarket).