Used 2007 GMC Canyon Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Canyon Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Tough Truck
By Jeff Goods

2007 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have used this basically for business use the past 2 years. Towing a trailer and snowplowing with a BOSS plow. 4 wheeling is great because of the locking rear dif. It is quiet on the highway. I upgraded the wheels to 18" purchased from GM Parts.

Reliability. Locking diff. I have had no service issues. Quick "bump" key starting is great and the GM auto lights are also above and beyond the slow to catch up imported brands.

Towing rating was increased in 2009. And larger wheels are also needed for the 2007. Mileage could be better. It needs factory remote starting option.

Towable 4WD/Automatic
By garebear

2007 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Edmunds and several other experts rate the GMC Canyon lower than its competitors. They overlook one important aspect. It is towable flat. You cannot tow a Toyota, Honda, Dodge or Mazda automatic flat. This is important when you want to tow a 4wd/auto truck behind a motor home. Only the GMC or its companion, the Chevy Colorado in a midsized pickup has the advantage of a neutral switch. Drop the tranny into neutral and away you go.

Towable 4WD/Automatic

SO DISAPPOINTED!
By tracyandnoah

2007 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck brand new. They "shipped" it from PA, and when I got it there was 600 miles on it. Within the first two weeks, the driver's window and passenger windows got stuck and wouldn't go up. Then after one and a half years, I already needed rear brakes. Got those replaced and then I needed front brakes. Got those replaced and it's been squeaking ever since. Also, the tires (that came with the truck) began "warping" from the inside after about a year. On top of all these problems, the gas mileage is HORRIBLE! I travel approximately 53 miles a day and I have to fill up every four days. I'm so not happy! I'm looking elsewhere, but not looking forward to losing money.

The exterior design of the truck is attractive.

Too many to mention! Would take a complete rework of this truck.

DONT EXPECT DECENT MILEAGE!!
By Norman

2007 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Long story short, 4cyl short bed 2wd automatic. 6500 miles and regardless of ethanol blend or 100% fuel AND smooth acceleration AND following speed limits, 15mpg. Yes, 15 mpg and 17 highway. that is completely pathetic. My 110,000mi 4x4 4.0 liter cherokee did better. Why compromise with a 4cyl and get worse mileage than my friends 4x4 3/4 ton 6.0 liter with 4.10 axle ratio. Upon taking in for service, service advisor reports that everything is as it should be and that is just what mileage they get. Needless to say, that is completely pathetic. I and my family have ALWAYS owned GM vehicles. I guarantee this will be my last. I have never been this let down with a vehicle out of the 60+ ive had

n/a

Self explanitory, but there is no excuse for a brand new 4cly compact truck to get the mileage it does. Completely dissatisfied.

I really like it
By TrojanHorse

2007 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

Yeah, I'll admit I wanted a Tacoma xtra-cab, but, I bought an American truck with more features, and at a better price. Yes, the fit and finish is not the same as Toyota, but it is close. My only complaint is freeway wind rush coming from the drivers side 1/2 door (which isnt much). If you have the sunroof (which I think is pretty cool, no one else has it...) you need a wind deflector. Yes, the interior is simple, but I didnt think it was cheap looking. The factory 6 disc player cranks pretty good too. The 2.9l! is the best 4 cyl I ever sat behind, and it gets damn decent mileage. $8000 less than a Tacoma! I have enough left over to buy a new Titus Mtn. Bike...

Strong 4 cyl., available sunroof, great plush ride (off-road suspension), very quiet interior. The MT is smooooth. Respectable mileage. The exterior design is very pleasing. 70 mph @ 2000 rpm.....No real blind spots.

Major: better door gaskets.The cheeezy screendoor to "cover" the sunroof when not in use. It better not leak in a yr...My "upgrade" stereo has no way to input my Ipod directly, come on... Minor: the little storage boxes under the back seats need moveable compartment inserts.A locking fuel cap door.