2007 GMC Canyon Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:
New owner.
By Slide81 on 04/11/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

So far this has been a wonderful truck. The ride is smooth, acceleration is smooth, shifts are firm, lights at night on the outside are excellent. Gas mileage isn't horrible either, first tank, I averaged 20.13 mpg with rural/city driving [45 mph-55 mph] and the occasional passing gear stomp.

Very, very basic
By Semi-satisfied on 02/07/09 17:57 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

Good truck but very basic. Drive daily commute to work of 60 miles round-trip. Comfort is minimal compared to Ford Sport-Trac. Wide stance gives stable ride but very noisy inside. Needs better sound- proofing and door gaskets. Hard to see ignition key due to big steering wheel center. Hard to find and connect to the power outlets beneath the dash. Needs interior storage behind seats and read seat headrests block vision out back window.

Best deal available
By DJS on 04/29/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I bought my SLE Crewcab, 5 cyl., auto, 4x4 last August, worked it hard this past record snowfall winter. The 4wd and locking rearend made it unstoppable. The truck listed at $25.6K, after rebates, dealing, and GM points, paid $18.5K before tax. This was about $10K less than Toyota or Nissan. I do mainly city driving, short trips, only 3-4K miles/year, so mpg is not a great concern. I am not surprised that it wasn't hitting the epa ratings considering the few miles on the truck, short trips, cold weather, and use of 4wd.

Great Truck!
By Ed on 04/25/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Canyon and I love it. It has great towing capability and I get a lot of standard features on a base model like remote keyless entry, cruise control, and intermittent wipers. I also opted for XM satellite radio. This is great, because Toyota makes you pay extra on the Tacoma for keyless entry and cruise control. Canyon even gives me a leather wrapped steering.

Recommend Canyon
By Bill on 04/19/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I would absolutely recommend the Canyon. Great horsepower and towing capacity for a smaller truck. Quiet ride and excellent quality from the Profressional Grade Division of General Motors. Makes the Tacoma look silly.

So far so good
By Chris on 01/17/07 14:58 PM (PST)

2007 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Overall an excellent vehicle. Very fun to drive. I expected a little bit better gas mileage given the 5 cyl. only getting 19 MPG, same as my full size truck got! interior comfortable front seat, wish the passager side seat had the lumbar support like the driver. The interior could have used some courtesy lighting for at night, can't find anything in the dark without having to turn on the dome light. Given the size of the competitors small trucks GM could have given the crew cab a longer bed than the 5 feet. I wish the rear seats had just a little more angle to the backs of the seats just a few degrees too vertical. Overall nice quiet ride. i would reccomend to others

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.