Used 2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

The bad reviews must have gotten a lemon
By benjaminc

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine since feb of 06 and the only thing that has been changed is the drivers side headlight because of moisture. My fuel economy is great at about 28 mpg highway. As far as power goes I gave a Cadillac cts a run for its money with v6. When I bought this truck it was the cheapest on the lot. Add some aftermarket wheels and tint the Windows and now it looks like the most expensive truck on the lot! A real head Turner!

Power and handling! Accessory availability! Torquey for a 4 cyl! Work truck with 5 speed cruise and a sliding rear window.

You get what you pay for!

2006 GMC Canyon
By jeff smith

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the truck 7 months and have 7k on it.The truck is OK but nothing to write home about. Has 5 speed that is hard to shift when cold. A/C seems to cycle too much and does not cool well on hot days. I still have '93 S-10 2.8 V6 5 speed with over 200K miles that get the same mileage (avg. 26) but runs, brakes, and shifts better than this new one. I know this a base truck but will beat you on a trip of over 3 hrs.

Mileage is good for a truck, avg. 26 mpg. Have gotten 29-30 on a 500 mile trip.

Better A/C system, better seats with tilting backs. and better tires, came with Gen. rubber tires, have had to have dealer replace two they could not balance.

Consider this
By Larry

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Americans have gotten way too obsessed and spoiled with huge engines and interior options. I wanted a basic truck with adequate power and simple interior appointments. Bigger and more luxurious isn't always better. I have owned other trucks with more cubic inches and a lot more bells and whistles and so far I enjoy this truck more. It reminds me of the first truck I owned, a base Toyota 4WD SR5, only the Canyon now costs a lot less than Toyota....less is more!

Small adequate engine. Looks. 6ft bed. Plain, washable interior. Price

Domestics need to work on build and reliability, however the risk is minimalized with a warranty

Bought cause it was cheap
By faulknerhanover

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because it was cheap and had a 0% finance rate, but I love the thing. It has a great ride and the 5 speed manual transmission shifts great. It is a truck to get me around for a,while, but I ended up loving it.

Automatic headlights. Smooth ride. Simple to understand. Durable. Great looks

Better looking rims on the WT model

Love my red Canyon
By Jim

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. Had 3 S-10s before. The 2.8 liter 4-cyl is 50% more powerful than my previous one. It's a stronger, nicer, quieter truck. Excellent fuel usage, mid to high 20s. With rebates, paid less than my old 1999.

Strong, quiet, smooth, even while towing.

Missing key lock on passenger door is a constant irritation.