2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:
The bad reviews must have gotten a lemon
By benjaminc on 08/05/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine since feb of 06 and the only thing that has been changed is the drivers side headlight because of moisture. My fuel economy is great at about 28 mpg highway. As far as power goes I gave a Cadillac cts a run for its money with v6. When I bought this truck it was the cheapest on the lot. Add some aftermarket wheels and tint the Windows and now it looks like the most expensive truck on the lot! A real head Turner!

2006 GMC Canyon
By jeff smith on 06/10/07 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the truck 7 months and have 7k on it.The truck is OK but nothing to write home about. Has 5 speed that is hard to shift when cold. A/C seems to cycle too much and does not cool well on hot days. I still have '93 S-10 2.8 V6 5 speed with over 200K miles that get the same mileage (avg. 26) but runs, brakes, and shifts better than this new one. I know this a base truck but will beat you on a trip of over 3 hrs.

Consider this
By Larry on 11/30/06 15:42 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Americans have gotten way too obsessed and spoiled with huge engines and interior options. I wanted a basic truck with adequate power and simple interior appointments. Bigger and more luxurious isn't always better. I have owned other trucks with more cubic inches and a lot more bells and whistles and so far I enjoy this truck more. It reminds me of the first truck I owned, a base Toyota 4WD SR5, only the Canyon now costs a lot less than Toyota....less is more!

Bought cause it was cheap
By faulknerhanover on 11/14/06 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because it was cheap and had a 0% finance rate, but I love the thing. It has a great ride and the 5 speed manual transmission shifts great. It is a truck to get me around for a,while, but I ended up loving it.

Love my red Canyon
By Jim on 08/24/06 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle. Had 3 S-10s before. The 2.8 liter 4-cyl is 50% more powerful than my previous one. It's a stronger, nicer, quieter truck. Excellent fuel usage, mid to high 20s. With rebates, paid less than my old 1999.

Best Truck
By Roy on 06/04/06 07:29 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has plenty of power for a 4 cylinder, 175 hp! I have the 5-speed and it is fun to drive and handles the road great. I have been averaging 26~28 mpg. It looks like a mid scale version of the large ones. I highly recommed it over any in its class.

Love my Canyon
By kygmcfan on 01/12/06 18:29 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Regular Cab Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving a Canyon for about a year, the low end model with an automatic. Plenty of power, good fuel economy, overall acomfortable ride. I don't understand coments about poor build quality, I find this unit to be built far better than any other units I looked at including the Japanese units for a whole lot less money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.