2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:
Mine's also a lemon!
By ihatemytruck on 04/11/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have had it for 3 months, bought it with 38,000 miles. Has already been to the shop twice for things that aren't covered by the extended warranty. Has a big powerful 4 cyl however my 350,000 mile 92 Toyota PU with half the power can out tow it, WAY OUT ACCELERATE IT, and is much more comfortable, better quality and gets 10 mpg more hwy. Did I mention the Toyota was totaled twice and hit twice before i bought it and then i was hit in it? Still on the road to.

poor truck
By Rev on 12/15/07 09:16 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Must be the cheapest designed, and poorly built truck...EVER! I wish I had looked more closely. I will go back to a foreign model. It's too bad. The U.S. better get it's quality control up. It's horrible. Everything about this truck...just spells 'CHEAP' at your expense!!!! They must be laughing all the way.

BOY DO I REGRET BUYING MY TRCUK
By TAMMY ADAMS on 10/03/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my canyon July of 2006,in February of 2007 engine light came on and the truck powered down.Took it to local dealership,they cleaned it up (said there was dirt on the sensors) and sent me on my way.a couple of days later same thing.This has gone on for several months.We've changed computers,brake lines, you name it.Still it does not work.This time they've had it for three weeks still not fixed. Gm rep wont call me..I'm really disappointed with my purchase..i regret it everyday...

My Canyon
By gmc_man9 on 02/23/07 18:00 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I went from regular cab Sierra to the extended cab Canyon. At first I wasn't a happy guy, but this truck will grow on you. I put a bug guard and a soft tonneau cover on my silver Canyon. Do I get the compliments. I get 21 MPG around town with the 4 CYL. I have friends who have extended cab Ford Rangers and it seems as if the Canyon is more roomy. Have owned many vehicles since I started driving, my Canyon by far has to be my favorite.

Enjoy
By i own one on 08/13/06 14:47 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a 2006 SLE I5 auto extended cab. I am get 18.88 miles per gallon in city, 21.96 on highway. Consumer Reports puzzles me. Nice smooth ride. It may feel like driving a truck to them , but that is what it is. I drove a Mustang for 5 years, a very good handling car, I don't miss the performance at all .

Canyon Review
By diatribe on 03/31/06 22:56 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck for use in my courier business and have been very pleased with it so far. The interior comfort is good, however, it would be nice if the seats would recline backwards. I think they don't because it's an extended cab, however, that would be a nice feature. Exterior styling is head-turning everywhere I go. I have a Silver Birch model with and A.R.E. Cab High cap and get many compliments. Excelllent fuel economy. Pure highway driving between 60 & 65 MPH, on cruise control with automatic, result in 24- 26 MPG. A highway/city mix, still results in over 20 MPG. Pizza delivery driving, however, results in about 11 to 13 MPG. Truck is rated 13 city, 17 hwy.

Love New Canyon
By Jill on 10/27/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a Dodge Ram 1500 at 15 MPG or less. Since even the Dakota gets only about 17 MPG and I needed a truck, I test drove the GMC Canyon. I have a 5 cycl, automatic, with FWD. I just love it!!! Best truck I have owned in the compact category. Gas mileage is anywhere from 20 MPG to 25 depending on my payload, wind...etc. This truck handles sssoooo much better than the Dodge Ram did and I really like Dodge products. Interior may not be as fancy as Dodge but I can live with it.

I can't beleive I bought another GM
By bad decision on 10/02/05 21:20 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The build quality is horrendous! The doors do not seal and have no adjustment and are bend to fit. The seat material is garbage and already shows heavy wear at 12k miles. The a/c does not cool in traffic. Alignment was way off. Rear main seal seeps, power window go up crooked, no ash tray. The arm rest on the door is very hard and elbow gets sore after an hour on the interstate. There's trash in the paint, and vehicle was delivered to me with known defective tires and on and on and on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.