Used 2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Gmc Canyon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Mine's also a lemon!
By ihatemytruck

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have had it for 3 months, bought it with 38,000 miles. Has already been to the shop twice for things that aren't covered by the extended warranty. Has a big powerful 4 cyl however my 350,000 mile 92 Toyota PU with half the power can out tow it, WAY OUT ACCELERATE IT, and is much more comfortable, better quality and gets 10 mpg more hwy. Did I mention the Toyota was totaled twice and hit twice before i bought it and then i was hit in it? Still on the road to.

Favorite Features

Very quiet, then again, this is my first like new car. has cruise control, is still agile in city traffic and has tight turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

no center console, even cheap rangers have those! Gearing is way to long, either add some gears to the 5 spd manual of bigger engine- truck cant go up hills in 1st. use less plastic- clutch pedal came apart going down the freeway.

poor truck
By Rev

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Must be the cheapest designed, and poorly built truck...EVER! I wish I had looked more closely. I will go back to a foreign model. It's too bad. The U.S. better get it's quality control up. It's horrible. Everything about this truck...just spells 'CHEAP' at your expense!!!! They must be laughing all the way.

BOY DO I REGRET BUYING MY TRCUK
By TAMMY ADAMS

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my canyon July of 2006,in February of 2007 engine light came on and the truck powered down.Took it to local dealership,they cleaned it up (said there was dirt on the sensors) and sent me on my way.a couple of days later same thing.This has gone on for several months.We've changed computers,brake lines, you name it.Still it does not work.This time they've had it for three weeks still not fixed. Gm rep wont call me..I'm really disappointed with my purchase..i regret it everyday...

Favorite Features

extended cab

Suggested Improvements

better tires and better engine

My Canyon
By gmc_man9

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I went from regular cab Sierra to the extended cab Canyon. At first I wasn't a happy guy, but this truck will grow on you. I put a bug guard and a soft tonneau cover on my silver Canyon. Do I get the compliments. I get 21 MPG around town with the 4 CYL. I have friends who have extended cab Ford Rangers and it seems as if the Canyon is more roomy. Have owned many vehicles since I started driving, my Canyon by far has to be my favorite.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, roomy interior. Automatic headlights, fog lamps. Leather wrapped steering wheel. Bed size.

Enjoy
By i own one

2006 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a 2006 SLE I5 auto extended cab. I am get 18.88 miles per gallon in city, 21.96 on highway. Consumer Reports puzzles me. Nice smooth ride. It may feel like driving a truck to them , but that is what it is. I drove a Mustang for 5 years, a very good handling car, I don't miss the performance at all .

Favorite Features

Interior, easy and clean look , sound system good

Suggested Improvements

Extended cab doors do seem weak. All trucks should leave factory with rhino lining