2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:
Rusted brakes
By D&D P on 08/21/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace the front rotors and beerings due to rust. The rotors where so rusted they could not be turned. The rotors where so rusted it interfered with the anti-lock brakes. I'm writing a letter to GMC with the problem i had.

Ayayayyy Chevy!
By Omar on 08/19/10 21:25 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Umm not too good experience. Cheap materials, becomes a very noisy interior like a crunchy plastic. Brakes should be checked every 6K miles. Chevy dealers just try to get money since the moment of sale. Beware, dealer is gonna sell you an Extended Warranty without consultation and then the Extended Warranty covers everything except expensive parts. I know this post is gonna bring down my resale price but what the hell! Don't be fool, this is not American Quality!

06- GMC Canyon Crew Cab
By KK on 07/29/10 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had bought my Canyon just 5yrs. ago and outside of regular maint. i had to have the valves redone at 30,000 miles under warranty.. After all these years of driving this truck it still gets great gas millage and and has not left me stranded. Like the I-5 engine with MP3 player. And it looks good as GM has always had nice design. I will be getting the new model canyon..

Nice Truck
By High Mileage on 02/17/09 17:02 PM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck in January 2009 with just under 150,000 kms. I assume it was dependable for the previous owner. So far I really like the ride, the design and the interior does not look or feel cheap at all. The controls are old school which i don't mind. Some better newer technology would be nice though. Like a heated steering wheel (to go with the heated seats), auto-up and down capabilities for the front windows from the driver's seat would be nice as well.

Heck of a truck
By 2006 gmc crew cab on 06/25/08 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this up in March of '06 and immeadiately took it on a trip, getting mid to high 20's in MPG. Other than regular maintenance, it has never had any work done on it. I previously had a 2001 GMC Sonoma 4x4. This truck is 2wd, saving gas. Since then, I have taken many trips with this vehicle, and the truck has performed extremely well! I plan to replace it with another one just like it when my lease is up. The Japanese makers can keep their trucks!

Don't Bother
By Ron on 06/04/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

First 12k was fine, then the head went twice within 200 miles. Truck has 23k on it now and is falling apart. 4th gear grinds (common, parts on back order 2 weeks) and locks out of reverse easily (tsb it's so common of a problem) beautiful styling, but falls short on reliability and quality of fit & finish. No more GMs for me, buy a Tacoma, you'll be happier. 23k new, 2 years old, worth trade in $9,200. No resale value and I get 19-22 city, 29- 32 highway.

A BIG DISSAPOINTMENT
By SPRUCEKNOB on 04/28/08 05:30 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this truck in September 2007 and have had it to the garage 7 times since.We had to replace the speakers,head lights,and turn signals.our local mechanic told us that we would have to rotate the tires after 5,000 miles because this model has had front axel problems. sure enough our tires were wearing out prematurely and consumer reports have labeled this truck as a used vehicle to avoid. we finally gave up dealing with the headaches of this truck and bought a subaru.

My Grand Canyon
By EX FORD OWNER on 12/31/07 09:08 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

To be sure of the fact that style is as beautifull for the truck, as it seems to have been named after; And the hardiness of it's spirit for the ruggedness of same. I've owned a Ford for thirty years, of that a Ranger pickup extended cab for fourteen, and Ford can not match what Canyon has going for it. Thanks for a great truck! P.S. Canyon was a 2006 left over with only 7 miles on it then.

My Canyon
By metallicat on 09/15/07 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say about this truck? I love it, so much better than the S15 it replaces. It's bigger, it has more power.

Great truck
By Ed on 06/12/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had an S-10 before this, and although I believe the interior was nicer and more comfortable in the S-10, I love the crew cab for my family. The truck runs great, but I think gas mileage should be better than 24 (get about 24 exactly). Biggest problem I have had is the wear of the front tires. The alignment seems off and the inside is wearing odd. Dealer repeatedly tells me this is normal, I don't see how. I have over 50000 on it and I like it as much as when I bought it. Seems like the S-10 was more refined and corners where cut to get this to a price point, there are absolutely no frills or extras, but bottom line, I would buy it again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.