Used 2006 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Gmc Canyon - Consumer Reviews

2006 GMC Canyon

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Rusted brakes
By D&D P

2006 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace the front rotors and beerings due to rust. The rotors where so rusted they could not be turned. The rotors where so rusted it interfered with the anti-lock brakes. I'm writing a letter to GMC with the problem i had.

Ayayayyy Chevy!
By Omar

2006 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Umm not too good experience. Cheap materials, becomes a very noisy interior like a crunchy plastic. Brakes should be checked every 6K miles. Chevy dealers just try to get money since the moment of sale. Beware, dealer is gonna sell you an Extended Warranty without consultation and then the Extended Warranty covers everything except expensive parts. I know this post is gonna bring down my resale price but what the hell! Don't be fool, this is not American Quality!

Favorite Features

4x4 4 cylinder good gas mileage. Comes without bed liner, so you can choice the cheap plastic or the good spray.

Suggested Improvements

Quality materials, better tech support on dealers, they don't have a clue when you have an issue.

06- GMC Canyon Crew Cab
By KK

2006 GMC Canyon SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had bought my Canyon just 5yrs. ago and outside of regular maint. i had to have the valves redone at 30,000 miles under warranty.. After all these years of driving this truck it still gets great gas millage and and has not left me stranded. Like the I-5 engine with MP3 player. And it looks good as GM has always had nice design. I will be getting the new model canyon..

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Great gas mileage. Easy to use controls.

Suggested Improvements

Don't know if you can make a seat not wear after 5 yrs of sitting in it almost daily.

Mine's also a lemon!
By ihatemytruck

2006 GMC Canyon SL 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have had it for 3 months, bought it with 38,000 miles. Has already been to the shop twice for things that aren't covered by the extended warranty. Has a big powerful 4 cyl however my 350,000 mile 92 Toyota PU with half the power can out tow it, WAY OUT ACCELERATE IT, and is much more comfortable, better quality and gets 10 mpg more hwy. Did I mention the Toyota was totaled twice and hit twice before i bought it and then i was hit in it? Still on the road to.

Favorite Features

Very quiet, then again, this is my first like new car. has cruise control, is still agile in city traffic and has tight turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

no center console, even cheap rangers have those! Gearing is way to long, either add some gears to the 5 spd manual of bigger engine- truck cant go up hills in 1st. use less plastic- clutch pedal came apart going down the freeway.

The bad reviews must have gotten a lemon
By benjaminc

2006 GMC Canyon Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine since feb of 06 and the only thing that has been changed is the drivers side headlight because of moisture. My fuel economy is great at about 28 mpg highway. As far as power goes I gave a Cadillac cts a run for its money with v6. When I bought this truck it was the cheapest on the lot. Add some aftermarket wheels and tint the Windows and now it looks like the most expensive truck on the lot! A real head Turner!

Favorite Features

Power and handling! Accessory availability! Torquey for a 4 cyl! Work truck with 5 speed cruise and a sliding rear window.

Suggested Improvements

You get what you pay for!