2005 GMC Canyon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:
Charming Canyon
By Edwin Feliu on 01/03/05 09:06 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck drives like any of the best Japanese SUVs, roars smoothly like a classic muscle car, the off road package gives you commanding visibility and a smooth ride that lures you for more driving, and the fuel economy is about 19-20 MPH if you stay in the highway. On wet pavement it is a steady stead. GMC successfully created the ideal SUV-truck hybrid: tough like a truck, yet spacious and comfortable like the best SUV. I am very impressed and pleased with the package and final invoice.This vehicle definitely and permanently changed my previous skeptical opinion and dislike for trucks in general.Thank you, GMC engineers, for this remarkable and extraordinary vehicular achievement.

On The Road In A Canyon Pickup
By Kent Sherry on 12/20/04 18:24 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I like the exterior styling and had several friends remarked how great it looked. Of course there were some extras such as the mud flaps and running board. The first day out of the dealership I took it out on some snow covered mountain roads in Pennsylvania. The 4-WD high range feature came in handy and the change from 2-WD to 4-WD was fast and smooth. I purchased a unit with alot of extras such as an MP3 radio, power windows and side mirrors, and remote locks. The truck has a 6 cyl Vortex Engine that kicks out over 220 hp. It is being set up for towing and I plan to pull an 18' pontoon boat during the summer months.

Canyon
By Cindy Miller on 12/01/04 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z85 SLE Base 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I personally think that it is probably the best vehicle on the road.I would recomend it to the whole world.

awesome truck
By Power on 11/17/04 17:36 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

the funnest truck i've ever driven. I've owned 7 trucks in my past

Solid Truck
By Bradh on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

My first pickup. 3.5/5cyl/4WD/tow pkg /ext.cab. Was considering larger 8Cyl., but crappy mileage eliminated all (I've got a fairly long commute). Compared to other mid size pickups, power rating was much better. Mileage so far, about 18-20, mixed driving. Needed mainly for lighter hauling (lumber, mowers, etc.) Haven't tried towing yet, but will be pulling 2500lb trailer occasionally. Handling is pretty crisp for a truck. Good std. stereo w/CD, decent interior & sharp exterior. Truck is a good fit for those of us who don't need massive power or towing capacity, but still need a truck for various reasons. No problems apparent (only at 2000 miles) So far I'm pretty satisfied.

All-new and fun to drive
By KangarouxKid on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z71 SL Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This new GMC Canyon fits the need for a good-sized truck with excellent fuel economy. In light of what I believe to be permanently high fuel prices, economy of operation is important. The truck is comfortable and quiet.