Used 2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Canyon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:

Major Problems
By Stauch

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is probably the worst vehicle I have ever purchased. I traded in a 2001 Dakota to try and improve on the amount of money I spend weekly for gas. I do quite a bit of driving due to my work, plus I have to be able to carry material with me out to distant job sites. My first 3 months the truck was in the shop 7 times. I called the GM hotline to no avail. All of the problems had stemmed from when the truck was built. Windsheild wiper transmission mounts welded in wrong place, causing wipers to dig through plastic, gouge windshield, and finally stripping, all during a major storm, which is what my job is all about. Defective wiring, fried CPU. Dead on the side of the road again

Nice looks and good gas mileage

Improve quality. Time to move back to a Dakota

Excellent truck
By David

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SL 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love the exterior design. Interior is well laid out but it doesn't seem the designers spent a whole lot of time on it. Excellent fit and finish. Stereo is competent as well as the engine. The only problem I've had so far is a faulty fog light wire. Back seat is a little cramped but it is a compact truck.

The automatic headlights and heated leather.

Take a bit more time on interior design

Great truck
By Goden

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SL Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've used this truck for hauling and as a daily driver. Great little truck, very smooth 5 speed, comfortable for a bench seat.

Standard ABS, great clearance for a compact pickup.

I wish there was a keyhole on the passenger side; it's an inconvenience at times to have to open the truck from the driver's side.

GMC Rules
By Truck Man

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

So far this has been the best truck I have ever had. I have the inline 5 and it has more than enough power. Great for work or play. Wouldn't buy anything else. Great truck!!!

Nice interior and plenty of power

Take out the governor, or at least adjust it to go faster than 97mph

Engine trouble in GMC Cannon
By tccagle

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SL Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a new 2005 GMC Cannon to use as a work truck. I bought a very basic model without any extras. I have been so disappointed. Within the last year I have had the truck in the shop over 10 times. They have never found out the problem wiht the engine. I have been through several meeting and I am happy to say that GMC is repurchasing my truck. I have missed so many days from work taking care if this matter, but it is finally over.