2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:
great truck
By w biello on 01/16/10 10:39 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

truck has preformed very well - handles great- 21 to 25 mpg.no problems- dealer mastria buick gmc best dealer i have ever dealt with - service dept great-

exellent truck
By bill biello on 10/18/09 04:40 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

exellent truck-58,000 miles. driven right i can pull 23-24 mpg.no problems so far

Great little truck
By Bill in NYS on 09/30/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 SL 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used; but it is a well built truck and has not had any problems. I am ipressed with the overall truck for the money. I would recomend it to anyone looking for a mid sized truck. With 3.5 engine and automatic it gets a consistant 26.5 mpg. No complants!

Overall a good truck but has some issues
By John on 03/20/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SL 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a great medium sized truck but there are the usual GM fit and finish issues. The turning radius is ridiculous and cause many parking lot problems. The radio is probably the worst piece of junk I have found in any vehicle.The radio is an easy fix with aftermarket units. The turning radius is not curable. Experienced a few rattles, could be tighter.

Good But.
By Jason on 12/05/06 15:02 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SL Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

For a midsize pickup I have no great complaints. It is great for a light load, and has a slightly larger look to it than the previous S-10. With 30,000 miles on it, I have had no problems.

Excellent truck
By David on 10/29/06 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SL 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love the exterior design. Interior is well laid out but it doesn't seem the designers spent a whole lot of time on it. Excellent fit and finish. Stereo is competent as well as the engine. The only problem I've had so far is a faulty fog light wire. Back seat is a little cramped but it is a compact truck.

Canyon-Great Truck for the Money
By Tom N on 02/10/06 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SL 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

The GMC Canyon is a great looking, very functional truck, particularly for medium duty use (truck is rated 1300 lb. payload, 4000 lb towing capacity). Interior is very clean looking, straightforward and functional with easy controls. Great ride, and 5 cyl is a good compromise between power and economy (21 mpg on last tankful, averaging just over 20 mpg). Seats could be more supportive but are not uncomfortable. Extended cab gives good inside storage capacity, but would not recommend it for passengers on long trips. If you need room for more than 2 passengers, go with the crew cab instead. Got a great deal on this truck on the fly 4WD, duraliner and tonneau for 22K

Love my Canyon
By Patrick Chaisson on 11/08/05 12:59 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

First time buyer of pick-up truck, serched web for past two years and decided to get it. All my friends love the looks and I and my wife have found our all round vehicle. I tow a small boat and it is a breeze. Lots of power and love the fuel economy. I am sticking with my GMC.

Pleasantly Surprised!
By cb500rider on 10/09/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've never trusted GM vehicles. I grew up in MIchigan and heard all of the horror stories about the poor quality for my many relations who work or have worked in the GM plants. My last GM car was a 1980 Chevy Monza. I bought the Canyon because of the employee pricing and the five cylinder engine's fuel economy. I have the Z71 SLE Ext cab with bucket seats. The seats are very comfortabe. The ride is high and smooth. The 2WD offroad suspension is great. I drove it down five miles of washboard dirt road at 45mph and couldn't believe the smooth ride. No problems so far, accept the center console creeks when i rest my arm on it. This is probably due to it's thin plastic.

Beter new than old
By Jammer on 07/20/05 20:14 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I have had an S10 crew cab for 3 years and traded it in as soon as I drove this one. The power is more than enough for a smaller pickup. The truck is not made for large towing but it does handle my 2 ATV's on a trailer just fine. Gas mileage is much superior to my old S10, about a 20% increase, and it isn't even broken in yet. The interior is typical GMC, but I like it simple. Stereo, and interior controls are easy to use and understand. The rear doors give good access to the extended cab which has almost as much room as my old crew cab did! The handling is superb, crisp and the acceleration is miles above my old one. If you like your S10, do yourself a favor and buy a new Canyon.