2005 GMC Canyon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Canyon model:
Sweet 5 Cylinder-GMC Pickup Truck
By angelballs on 02/09/14 08:55 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new in October 2004, This sweet 5 cylinder pickup has served me well on long 1100 mile runs from Florida to Maryland and back as well as 5 and 6 mile trips to buy heavy materials such as sod and mulch, as well as lumber from big box stores. The paint quality is exceptional and day after day in Florida sunshine it is still beautiful after all these years. A dream to drive, it still stirs my soul when I see it sitting in solemn eloquence.

Still going strong
By sullylang on 08/04/12 05:18 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Coming up on 8 years owning this truck. It still runs great, drives great, very reliable, and good efficiency (18mpg city / 22 mpg hwy). Gas mileage was better with regular hwy tires. Dick Cepek FC-II tires took about 1 mpg off the fuel economy. Just did 120k service on vehicle. I wrecked my brakes, but they would have needed rotors and drums at 120k either way. Only issue that's odd is the rough, or low idle from a dirty throttle body. Very simple to clean, and now runs perfect again. Very satisfied with this truck. The experts have their blinders on when giving it poor performance ratings. Power is great and it tows very well.

Great Truck
By Matt on 05/05/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Great truck for doing things you need to do, without the gas of a full size. Great family car to take to the beach, worth every bit of money.

great truck
By w biello on 01/16/10 10:39 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

truck has preformed very well - handles great- 21 to 25 mpg.no problems- dealer mastria buick gmc best dealer i have ever dealt with - service dept great-

Long term review
By Andy L. on 01/09/10 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in Oct 2004. My review from Jan 06 remains true. This truck has been outstanding. The fit and finish on the interior is fine, the exterior has held up perfectly. It is very well powered, and a pleasure to drive. Does great in Michigan winters. Even better with new Dick Cepek FC-II tires. I've hauled many loads of wood, pulled a small boat, traveled with family of five and never been let down. The only two issues have been the theft deterance went out (minor), and the drivers window regulater died ($300) I have 86k miles and plan to put on many more.

Great truck !
By mr bill on 11/24/09 07:49 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 used in 2009 after the lease ran out. It is a great tight well handly truck and I have had no problems with it. It gets a consistant 26 mpg with 3.5 and auto transmission. As I said I bought it used, but it still is in great shape and I am very pleased and would recomend it to anyone wanting this size truck.

exellent truck
By bill biello on 10/18/09 04:40 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

exellent truck-58,000 miles. driven right i can pull 23-24 mpg.no problems so far

Great little truck
By Bill in NYS on 09/30/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z71 SL 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used; but it is a well built truck and has not had any problems. I am ipressed with the overall truck for the money. I would recomend it to anyone looking for a mid sized truck. With 3.5 engine and automatic it gets a consistant 26.5 mpg. No complants!

Love It
By Zach on 09/07/09 21:32 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE Base 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

This truck can do a quarter of a miles in 13.267(average) I love it it burns out fast and the the I5 has 246 hp and its perfect i would love to get the 5.3 v8 but i got it for a great price.

Great little truck
By Bill R on 05/25/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Canyon 2dr Regular Cab Z85 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with only 20,00 on it. It was taken care of and the truck is a great little truck. With the 3.5 and auto trans I get a consistent 26 mpg. I have no complaints as it is a tight, well built truck. For a compact/mid size truck, it's great! It is also American built! I looked at other brands, and the GMC is as good as any other truck.