2004 GMC Canyon Consumer Review: Still satisfied after 2.5 yrs.

2004 GMC Canyon - Consumer Review

Z71 SLE Extended Cab Pickup (2.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Still satisfied after 2.5 yrs.
By Don in PA on

2004 GMC Canyon 4dr Extended Cab Z71 SLE Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I remain very satisfied with my GMC. I especially like the distinctive styling that sets it apart from all other trucks currently offered. I receive compliments on a regular basis. Most people assume it is 4-wheel drive with the off road stance. It's been 100% reliable throughout, with more than ample power for everyday driving. Driving with a full load in the bed is effortless. Driving on a rough country road is very smooth and controlled. I like this truck, and would buy another.

My favorite feature has to be the unique chiseled styling that is very different from all other trucks. It turns heads, and never blends in to the backround. Additionally, I like the tailgate feature that allows you to latch it "halfway" to support lumber, etc.

I would pay more attention to interior detail. Forget the cup holders, they are dirt collectors, and nobody drinks (eats or smokes) in my truck! An adjustable lumbar support would be nice on the passenger side also. The high beam indicator needs to be where you can see it with the wheel tilted!